EJ Strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jason Carter, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Jason Carter

Jason Carter Member

2. Thelonius

Thelonius Member

yes I love it. Lightwieght, feels great (the neck starts out sticky from the finish but that mellows out quickly. One hanging in a local store feels perfect after 2 weeks of traffic), the pickups I think give a wider range than many strats.

I doubt it is the most perfect strat ever, but at the price it is difficult to beat.

3. Jason Carter

Jason Carter Member

thanks for the reply,

I've missed two at the GC in New Orleans and Baton Rouge. They have sold in less than a day at each. looking forward to trying one out!

4. bluesman69

bluesman69 Member

I've had mine for about a week and can't put it down. Hands down the best Strat I've ever played!
    [​IMG]

5. Jason Carter

Jason Carter Member

Bluesman69,

Could you give me a description of the neck profile. How does it compair to a PRS Wide Fat Neck.

6. Ogre

Ogre Member

It is nothing like a PRS wide-fat. It's more like a medium small 57' repro. I would have liked a bit more beef, neck-wise. Otherwise the guitar is very nice.

7. BrownDog

BrownDog Member

I tried one and really didn't care for it. I wasn't to excited about the tone of the pickups (I'm more into a Robert Cray Strat tone) and the overall feel wasn't for me - at least this particular guitar. I'll try others as the come into the guitar store that I frequent. The feel of the neck to me was very much like a Grosh large roundback or a Gibson 57 Historic.

For myself alone and with tone and oneness, Mike.

8. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

i cant wait to try one of these out. not that i can really afford it since i went MAC crazy after getting a free mac mini but i definately think it will be a nice guitar. i really really really wanna hate it though of course:D

9. Scott_F

Scott_F Member

I just picked up a American Deluxe V-Neck, in 2 color burst. Has the SCN single coils and the S-1 switching system. Schaller strap locks, schaller locking tuners, 9.5 radius, vintage tint neck.

I got to play it for a few hours, then had to leave town. :(

But, it's all about the neck for me. I love V neck guitars. This Am Deluxe is not nitro, but it also costs 500-600 less than the EJ Strat.

10. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

I've heard great things about them. I know you guys will give me slack for this, but I thought EJ sounded much better live with it rather than his old strats live. Fuller, louder, and a more even responce. I was in the front row and his Marshall was in my face.

Gregory

11. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

I've got a blonde EJ on order - should have it in 2 weeks:dude

12. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

post pics. i cant decide if i wanna go blonde or burst

13. bluesman69

bluesman69 Member

It starts as a slight V on the first 5 or so frets then goes to a nice C around the 12th fret. A very comfortable (for me) neck profile.

14. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

I tried one as well. In the end I liked my strat with SMC pickups better.:)

15. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

That could very well be. I'm sure Eric gets the cream of the crop from Fender.

The two I owned/tried did not measure up to my 66 strat or my custom shop strat. The EJ's were real thin and plinky sounding. Even the low E which has a .052 stock, didn't have the bigness of my strats which have a .046 on the bottom.

the high E's on the EJ's and my guitars were .010s and the EJ's sounded plinky. I really wanted to like that guitar! Plus, I had the great opportunity to purchase it at cost and still didn't buy it! What's that say?!

16. tuna

tuna Member

Buddy of mine saw him in Myrtle Beach at the House of Blues and he could touch the stage, he was that close. He said the same thing, EJ sounded better with his sig Strat than the vintage Strats

17. Rama

Rama Member

Got mine yesterday and it's pure magic.