• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

EJ tone in a pedal - surprise

lareplus

hmm. . .I have never played through a Blues Driver. . .is this the norm for how they would sound? and through a solid state amp!

guitargod2u

i would find it hard to believe your's sounds like a tim with gain all the way up with tone turned off.. least thats what his settings look like at end of the video

Dog Boy

i would find it hard to believe your's sounds like a tim with gain all the way up with tone turned off.. least thats what his settings look like at end of the video
You'd be surprised! Dime the gain on a Tim and roll the treble off. Surprisingly close. My Keeley BD covers much of the same ground as my Tim.

I'm not an anti-Boss cork sniffer by any means, but IMO this leaves something to be desired if its claiming to be EJ's tone.

It is an unexpected tone coming from the Blues Driver, however.

ejkennedy

Great tone and response from the Blues Driver shouldn't be unexpected I would think?? They've always been great pedals. With or without mods. Well imo anyways.

Oozymouf

I think it sounds really good (although WTF reverb), but not really EJ tone, methinks. Close enough with the right phrasing!

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
I know a guy who strives to achieve said tone.
He swears by the Fulltone Pro.
He uses strats through a w/e/w rig going through Fender amps. Can't remember which ones.
Sounds pretty sweet.

smj

Clearly that pedal has been modified within an inch of it's life because as we all know common place pedals like Boss are inferior by nature and can never sound good....;)

Sean Meredith-Jones
www.seanmeredithjones.com

tubetone74

Silver Supporting Member
If you have the style and technique down most any OD will get you in the ballpark for "EJ" sound broadly speaking. Just goes to show dumping a ton of money in effects does not make up for hard work and skill.

Blix

Silver Supporting Member
How about an old Boss DS-1?

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/amund-blix/ds1ej[/SOUNDCLOUD]

;)

scottywompas

Ok so the guy says he gets EJ tone, pretty damn close in my opinion. But why the reverb comments. EJ's tone is slathered in delay and verb all the time.

Just sayin, sounds convincing to me.

Scott

Trending Topics