Bogner Shiva Vs. Pre-Peavey Budda

• Bogner Shiva

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Pre-Peavy Budda

Votes: 21 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigbang

Apples and oranges. I happen to like oranges. Had both 6l6 and el34 apples and still prefer the orange.

Though neither as much as my tangerine (xtc classic).

Elminstrel

Apples and oranges. I happen to like oranges. Had both 6l6 and el34 apples and still prefer the orange.

Though neither as much as my tangerine (xtc classic).

I'd like to try out an Ecstacy. I have heard many good things about it.:aok

freaksho

Silver Supporting Member
i predict a dead heat.

anyway, i voted Shiva for overall ease of use and versatility. otherwise the tonal differences are purely a matter of taste. not apples and oranges, more like oranges and tangerines. and both awesome. i had the Shiva and a Budda SD45 in my space at the same time and chose the Shiva. the Budda definitely made noises that the Shiva could not and it was a blast. if i were in a heavier band i'd really consider another one. but as long as my tastes stay in the slightly more classic/vintage realm i'm sticking with my Shiva.

edit:
sorry, i forgot your title asked about the EL34 Shiva. my Shiva is the 6L6.

Last edited:

Rev2S

Nice....I was thinking the very same thing....which one would be better for my next amp....the Budda 30 or Bogner Shiva. I think I am leaning more towards the Shiva myself.

Subhuman

I own a Budda SD45 II (pre Peavy) and my band mate plays an EL-34 Shiva.
We get to here them side by side all the time.
Both sound great but I have to swallow my pride and vote for the Shiva.
It's a matter of taste personal I would think.

Johnny LaRue

^
I too, have the SD 45(pre Peavy) and, also from MN. I wish my other guitarist had a Shiva but alas, he does not. I did just pick up a Suhr Riot pedal. Can't wait to try it with the Budda, might be epic.

Ricker

Well you can only really compare the Budda sd80 to the Shiva because that is a proper comparison.........
The el84 Buddas don't sound like the big brothers and will always sound like smaller amps so I won't bring them into the equation........

But I have had both el34 shiva and the Budda sd80 and I still have the Budda.

R

El Caballo

Retired bar hopping musician
Silver Supporting Member
Nice....I was thinking the very same thing....which one would be better for my next amp....the Budda 30 or Bogner Shiva. I think I am leaning more towards the Shiva myself.
I played my thirty watt series I Budda for four hours the other night against an 80 watt Shiva.....The other guitarist and I looked at each other, both pleased with our own gear and agreed the sounded pretty damn close......I don't think a person could go wrong either way. I will say....even though the Budda held it's own for being less then half the power, If you need a little more muscle...get the shiva or an SD80

Dave_C

I've owned three Shivas (but not the 20th Anniv) and have only heard clips of the Budda SD series, but the Budda clips have always blown me away and I struggled with the Shiva both live and on recordings, so I went with Budda.

freaksho

Silver Supporting Member
Well you can only really compare the Budda sd80 to the Shiva because that is a proper comparison.........
The el84 Buddas don't sound like the big brothers and will always sound like smaller amps so I won't bring them into the equation........

But I have had both el34 shiva and the Budda sd80 and I still have the Budda.

R
i agree but i'd also include the SD45 as being fair to include in the Shiva/Budda death match. iirc it has kt-66, or maybe it was kt-88 - well one of the kt's anyway.

Flinto2002

Lamest poll EVAH.

You've specified the Bogner amp. A Shiva w EL-34's

You've only specified Budda as the amp manufacturer. You are aware they make MANY amplifiers?

El Caballo

Silver Supporting Member
Lamest poll EVAH.

You've only specified Budda as the amp manufacturer. You are aware they make MANY amplifiers?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he ment SDII's...That is the only model Budda has really mass produced since around 2000. All of the really old stuff like the various 'master series (with the exception of a limited run of reissue twinmasters five years ago) have been out of production for almost a decade, and the coveted Dual Stage is so rare that some people don't even let on that they own one. :BluesBros

Elminstrel

Lamest poll EVAH.

Yes, in fact the poll itself says pre-peavy buddas. I apologize if didn't single out a particular model. I don't own a Budda and I don't know their entire catalog and I am not going to pretend to.

But I did play next to a SD45... first series (I could be mistaken) last weekend during a gig and thought their voices were somewhat similar.

Outside of that, this poll has nonetheless generated some good, positive and entertaining responses. So given that, I could care less whether you think it's lame or not.:huh

freaksho

Silver Supporting Member
Lamest poll EVAH.

yeah, i'm with the two above posts. it's not like he said Mesa or something. anyone who knows Budda would assume he meant the SDII's only. everyone who posted took it that way too. so i think you're comment ends up being the only lame thing in this thread. maybe you should take a nap cuz you seem a little crabby. (or maybe you're just from HCAF) :)

El Caballo

Silver Supporting Member
simmer down now.....maybe we all should take a nap...I could use a nap....who else could use a nap?:roll

Trending Topics