El Cap -- DIG placement in chain

Anthony Gring

Gold Supporting Member
Just curious you who have/had these two delays how you placed them in chain order and why.

El Cap > DIG > verb > amp

OR

DIG > El Cap > verb > amp

Also curious if you have used stereo outs of either/both pedals into a stereo verb ( I have the WET ) and sum to mono from verb to one amp. Are there benefits to this ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

dickjonesify

Silver Supporting Member
I prefer cleaner delays first, then more messy/darker. So I'd probably do DiG-->El Cap--Reverb

As far as summing stereo, it depends on the delay. I know people want the quick solution but I'd rather not sum. If the delay ping pongs, than you're going to hear twice as many (twice the speed) as you should. If the delay becomes stereo by doing offset phase trickery, then combining them may sound inferior to just running mono.

blowery

I run a Dig>Brigadier>Flint so similar chain in stereo.

I too like running the "cleaner" delay first. Great setup! stereo sounds HUGE.

The Flint doesn't SUM to mono so I'm running an Analog Endeavors stereo/mono patch bay for when I play and only have the ability to go mono. I don't hear any weird phase issues, works great. I'm not sure how that works with the WET and phase issues??

I recorded some small clips switching between stereo and mono via the switch and I didn't hear any phase issues. Great delays huge sound.

View media item 48960

jonthomas83

Ive got El Cap, DIG, Flint and Big Sky. Ive recently started parallel mixing the four of them and the sound is absolutely divine. There's killdry on the DIG and BS, which helps. If you get the chance, give it a go.

Anthony Gring

Gold Supporting Member
I run a Dig>Brigadier>Flint so similar chain in stereo.

I too like running the "cleaner" delay first. Great setup! stereo sounds HUGE.

The Flint doesn't SUM to mono so I'm running an Analog Endeavors stereo/mono patch bay for when I play and only have the ability to go mono. I don't hear any weird phase issues, works great. I'm not sure how that works with the WET and phase issues??

I recorded some small clips switching between stereo and mono via the switch and I didn't hear any phase issues. Great delays huge sound.

View media item 48960
Is that an AE Triple Fave switch in the middle ?

I have their Dual fave using w/ El Cap & DIG. Works great !

shoepedals

Vendor
Personally I would go Reverb > DIG > El Cap.

The El Cap has a built in reverb to help glue things together again at the end of the chain and I also quite like reverb before delay.

Trending Topics