el cap settings

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Hey_wilson, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Hey_wilson

Hey_wilson Member

Just got my El Capistan and its friggin awesome!!! Still tweaking but I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their settings? PLease include the secondary settings as well!

what do you guys got?

2. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

I think there might be a thread dedicated to this. I can't remember for sure, you could do a search.

3. Raccoon

Raccoon Active Member

I just got an el cap as well.. really digging everything at noon and not even messing with the secondary. Played it live and was the perfect blend of delay.. and the repeats never muddied up what I was playing.

4. Hey_wilson

Hey_wilson Member

also, what is the difference between fixed and single head? they basically sound the same to me except different delay times. Is that all there is to it?

5. Hey_wilson

Hey_wilson Member

6. Hey_wilson

Hey_wilson Member

7. BrianK

BrianK Supporting Member

I use this setting for my always on slapback. Switch on left is down , switch on right is up.
    [​IMG]

8. Less=more

Less=more Member

I too wish some people would share their settings

9. arthur rotfeld

arthur rotfeld Member

Check out Pete Thorn's video. As I recall you can see his settings, especially the clean modal thing he does. I have something like that setting saved on my favorite pedal.

Mine is not handy, but it's usually set similar to the photo above, but mode C. I'll chime in again. Basically a modest amount of delay, with a dark tone and minimal wow and flutter. I'll often change the time for the given music, but usually around 400-800ms.

10. Less=more

Less=more Member

thanks for the tip on the Pete Thorn videos. I think I discovered something there.