El Che - Dumble Tone Time....with a strat!

marsos52

that was totally enjoyable, yes the tone was very good, but the playing over all makes is what I believe makes it.

stratboy01

that's my favorite clean tone...thick Strat cleans with a little hair...amp sounded ok. the awesome tone was really coming from the fingers on this track imho

Can you share the recording chain? It sounded like there was a room mic placed a ways away from the speaker to create a natural "room" sound.

Desert Blues

that's my favorite clean tone...thick Strat cleans with a little hair...amp sounded ok. the awesome tone was really coming from the fingers on this track imho

Can you share the recording chain? It sounded like there was a room mic placed a ways away from the speaker to create a natural "room" sound.

Yes the recording chain was Nash Strat (modded with Lollar and Callaham/Vintage Raw hardware) - Free The Tone Cables/Speaker Cable and RG70 Mother amp by Custom by Cougar :)

many thanks indeed for the kind words!

sksmith66

Great sounds and playing! Really dispels those D-style and strat myths.
are there people silly enough to think that starts and dumbles don't mix?

I guess they've never heard kimock. tone for days with a strat into dumble amp. or larry carlton with his valley arts strat into a dumble.

ari

It does sound good, great touch and phrasing.

As for the recording, I think it'll be even better if the guitar was EQed to be a bit brighter/clearer and had a touch more compression (not pedal compression) to make it even sounding. As it is, the treble of rhythm guitar is clearer and distracts from the lead guitar, so dialing the treble on the rhythm track will help also.

ari

Desert Blues

are there people silly enough to think that starts and dumbles don't mix?

I guess they've never heard kimock. tone for days with a strat into dumble amp. or larry carlton with his valley arts strat into a dumble.

Yes I agree!

Sounds great! Are you using the Silky comp?

thanks - not on this clip just the Free The Tone Sov-2

It does sound good, great touch and phrasing.

As for the recording, I think it'll be even better if the guitar was EQed to be a bit brighter/clearer and had a touch more compression (not pedal compression) to make it even sounding. As it is, the treble of rhythm guitar is clearer and distracts from the lead guitar, so dialing the treble on the rhythm track will help also.

ari

Thanks Ari for the suggestions....this is actually an unfinished demo so I can use some advice! Thanks!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom