1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

ELC DIY kit question..

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GloryJones, May 18, 2011.

1. GloryJones

GloryJones Member

Looking to replace my LiveWire cables with Lava ELCs, the soldered kind. Few questions...

I want this to (basically) be the last time I buy patch cables. Are the ELCs reliable? Will they help maintain a quality tone?

I'd rather solder my own. I'm decent with a soldering iron (changed pickups, pots, caps). Will I be ok doing this by myself? I don't want to order the kit and be awful at it.

Lastly, is this a good kit to order: http://www.lavacable.com/lava.html
    It looks like pancake jacks come with it...How do the G&H compare to the Switchcraft jacks?

Thanks!

2. GloryJones

GloryJones Member

Also, how do they compare to the EA Monorails?

3. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

The DIY kit you mentioned is our Mini ELC cable < stranded> soldered kit that sells for 59.95

Unless you meant our new kit that features our new Mini Soar cable that is a solid core cable and sells for 49.95[​IMG]

Hope this helps. If you have any tech questions please let us know.

4. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Mini Soar - Same Outer Diameter - .155&#8221;, lower capacitance &#8211; 29 pF/ft and slightly more flexible because it 22 AWG instead of 20 AWG &#8211; solid core. The Mini Soar sells for .90 per foot.