Electric Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Lemon Crush, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Member

Is any familiar with Electric Brand Amps? The ones that are named after colors? I can't find anything about them. Googling "Electric Amps" returns nothing. And if you check the sites there's no info or reviews or anything. Is there any difference in the different colors? What are the characteristics of these amps?

2. Britishampfan

Britishampfan Member

3. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Member

That's what I mean. Not very much info there.

4. Britishampfan

Britishampfan Member

Did you keep clicking the amp to see the order, options and pictures with descriptions?

5. eltis

eltis Member

I have one, it took way longer to get it than the quoted build time but its AWESOME. Mine is the mv120 which has el34s and I have the matching 4x12 loaded with eminence manowars. The deep switch changes the amount of bass it gets, goes from a marshally plexi kind of tone all the way to the left and it sounds like electric wizard all the way to the right.

The 3rd and 4th position make the guitar sound like its tuned lower than it actually is and has a really sludgy and extended bass kind of tone. You can get the amp really clean with the fuzz rolled all the way to 0 and the master cranked.

6. lang.murphy

lang.murphy Member

How much longer is "way longer?"

That asked; good to hear you rate it awesome. Nice to know. Thanks.

7. CaptainJake

CaptainJake Member

I have a 4x12, and from a guy who builds cabinets... they are great quality cabinets!

8. eltis

eltis Member

It took 3 months longer than the estimated build time, its not exactly a versatile amp haha but it has a very unique tone and the build quality is great. Also my green amp is easily the loudest amp I've ever heard, apparently they put out closer to 150 watts and not the 120 as stated

9. soulohio

soulohio Member

I wish one of those amps sounded like an OrMat (early Orange made by Matamp)....still my holy grail.... I have an Orange OR 120 that I may sell...