1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Electro Harmonix 22 Caliber Power Amp Pedal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by BCRich86, May 18, 2011.

1. BCRich86

BCRich86 Member

I just got one last night and over I think it's great for what it is and for my use.
    My only issue is it seems that the grounding sucks. There is a little bit of a buzz but nothing that is horrible ntil I throw a dirt pedal on in front of it and I can't leave the dirt on and not play because it's so lound and annoying. I've had the EHX LBP pedal for a while and I had a guy I work with ground it properly and then it was fine, so I brought it to work today and the same guy is gonna check it out and hopefully it's an easy fix.

Does anybody else have this problem with the 22?

2. ReginaldBisquet

ReginaldBisquet Member

A friend had one of the 22 Calibers and I didn't hear any annoying buzzing sounds. Nice little device. He also ran dirt pedals in front of it and it sounded just fine.

3. Greazygeo

Greazygeo Member

4. kevinhifi

kevinhifi Member

I had one for a while, and it had a decent buzz unless I had the enclosure touching something else that was grounded. The problem may be that the internal grounding of the enclosure is weak. I do know that the jacks are insulated against the enclosure, which is usually not the case with pedals.

5. BCRich86

BCRich86 Member

cool, thanks for the input everyone.