Electro-harmonix B9 Organ Machine Game Changer

Papanate

IMO of course. But this ELECTRO-HARMONIX B9 ORGAN MACHINE is mind
boggling cool - and also IMO pretty much changes the band landscape in Rock,
Blues and Jazz - and maybe in R&B type stuff. And it gives us guitarist another
outlet - no guitar gigs...but a Keyboardist needs a sub...Here you go. Now if they
could get it to emulate Wurlie or Rhodes....

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
Holy CRAP !! :eeks That could be a fun pedal! Sounds pretty amazing. If you think about it, all those sounds are going through a tube amp, so you have your warm tube sound, but that of an organ. The last examples around 7:45 or so is what I would like ... the Jon Lord B3 sound. Depending on the price, I'm going to have to snag one of these!

Misterbulbous

Holy CRAP !! :eeks That could be a fun pedal! Sounds pretty amazing. If you think about it, all those sounds are going through a tube amp, so you have your warm tube sound, but that of an organ. The last examples around 7:45 or so is what I would like ... the Jon Lord B3 sound. Depending on the price, I'm going to have to snag one of these!

Appear to be in the $225 range. Definitely worth checking out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nateco

No MIDI pup?
No latency?
No false triggers?
No tracking glitches?
Really?
I tried one in the store

No MIDI pup?.....nope

No latency?....some, seems to be all over the place, depends on what you're playing

No false triggers?...none that i detected

No tracking glitches?...lots. Seems to depend on dynamics...lower the volume, weird stuff happens, hit to hard and it's glitchy.

Really?...it is what it is. I'd like to see a version 2.

pete kanaras

just like with a real B3, don't try to bend notes on it, it ain't gonna happen too well. other than that yes it's pretty unbelievable!

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
I tried one in the store

No MIDI pup?.....nope

No latency?....some, seems to be all over the place, depends on what you're playing

No tracking glitches?...lots. Seems to depend on dynamics...lower the volume, weird stuff happens, hit to hard and it's glitchy.

I found it very glitchy. There are several threads in the effects forum. It has potential but still needs a lot of work.

TeleBlack

Wow. Will this work with an acoustic running a piezo? I can think of a lot of light uses for this with my acoustic solo set.

A fellow guitarist used this in his pedalboard at our gig recently. "Game-changer" is rather extreme. Like all effects, the B9 effects are totally dependent on the player. Not a substitute for an actual organist.

jman

Silver Supporting Member
The other synth one they have out seems to be cool,as well... i agree an elec piano version would be great.

Stratobuc

One of the programs is an organ with a rhodes type piano on top. This pedal is not glitchy at all. Some people expect too much. For the money - its an amazing effect. EHX hit it out of the park again.

Multicellular

I tried one in the store

No MIDI pup?.....nope

Wow. Will this work with an acoustic running a piezo? I can think of a lot of light uses for this with my acoustic solo set.

It took me about 5 minutes to adjust my playing. Polyphonic pitch detection, so it wants a clear signal.

Making sure you minimize sympathetic nonoctave vibrations helps a lot, and is better playing anyway.

I think w a piezo youd want a preamp before it. It wants a decwnt signal. Works fine w my singles and humbuckers but (just for testing) volume rolled down, it had issues.

Trending Topics