• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Electro harmonix deluxe memory man

mertas

could someone comment if new production of this warm analog delay is so bad compare to old production?

or shall i go better for carbon copy instead?

comments apreciated

echodeluxe

the new xo version sounds just as good as the original version. same circuit in a smaller box.

that being said, theres nothing like stomping on one of those old bent steel enclosures. so much style...

nic'o'caster

Gold Supporting Member
I've got a DMM and a DMMTT. The modulation of the old one sounds superior to my ears, but I don't like the limited delay time (less than 400 ms on mine) nor the white noise. The new DMMTT sounds close enough with all the bells and whistles of the modern era. Definitely a winner.

sarumawashii

the new xo version sounds just as good as the original version. same circuit in a smaller box.

that being said, theres nothing like stomping on one of those old bent steel enclosures. so much style...
I agree 100% I bought my old DMM over 12 years ago, and haven't even thought of buying a different delay. Believe me, I've owned a couple roland space echos and other analog delays, but for dreamy modulated delays, the DMM can't be beat. XO version or old school big box, you can't go wrong.:aok

harpinon

My buddy is so anal about the DMM tone he rejects nearly every one he plays because its not as sweet as the one he had.
I certainly am not that bad and I would think most of us would agree that the new ones are as good as the old ones.

But with everything..apparently each of us hears things differently.
now if you ask me, I don't like the bog box. In fact, I think the WH Supa Puss is better in many ways and my Seymour duncan delay is as good.
Hey...why not have the tap if it sounds just as good to you?

augur

I started with a DMM XO when it's been released and loved its modulated chorusy analog echo!

I now own a DMMTT1100 and a big box.

The DMMTT1100 is very similar to the XO, mine is even a bit cleaner sounding, but modulation possibilities and effects loop opens way more territories than other delays on the market (Supa Puss included).

But I have to say, to be honnest, you cannot beat an old big box DMM (I own one, and a friend also), for warm delay, the warmest modulation in the world, and its seducing white noise I love!

Jules-RM

Way Huge Echo Puss made me forget my DMMs... all 4 of them. Personally between the versions, I had a early 2000s with the wall wart that I actually preferred. XO version I didn't like as much, tho that has more to do with the knobs than anything. Being used to the big box for so many years I couldn't get used to the new positions.

But... I'm not going back at this point.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom