Electro Harmonix Memory Man with Tap Tempo is the best delay I have ever played

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by popinvasion, Jun 27, 2011.

1. steadygarcia

steadygarcia Member

2. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

That's the one, bud. The digital one is normally called the SMMWH, Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai. I call it the Hazarai Man.

3. _jt_

_jt_ Member

I called them a few weeks ago. He said he's only seen three and his were long gone. They now show up as sold out and you can join a wait list.

4. steadygarcia

steadygarcia Member

Cool, thanks. Wish they had gone with the old black and silver look to differentiate. I'm not a fan of the blue look DMM's.

5. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

Little upate: Called the dealer where I bought mine to see if an exchange was possible. Of course, they had none in stock and said that the pedal had been discontinued, and that there were like only 300 made.

Emailed EHX and they confirmed that the pedal is dc'd and told me I will need to send it in for repair.

So, for anyone who already has the DMMTT, or anyone who can get one and is thinking about it, there were only about 300 made. I can see this pedal being worth something someday. Plus, it's a killer pedal. Grab it and keep it!!!

6. thesooze

thesooze Member

Finally played a DMM for the first time today at Guitar Center...

SHEESH. I get it now.

7. lv

lv Supporting Member

Still thrilled with mine...gorgeous sound.

8. embrionic

embrionic Supporting Member

Any on else notice the compression on the DMMTT compared to a big box or XO? I had noticed it right away... and kind of liked it/got used to it while rehearsing over the past few weeks. It is part of the great sound of this unit, but it is quite different than my DMMBB.

We played a club with a great sound system and brought in a very respected sound guy who does important shows for us. After the show we talked about the compression on the unit for while - no question it is noticeable, and he had to deal with it FOH throughout the show every time I went into DMM land.

It would be good if this could be adjusted on the pedal, or perhaps this is a fixed "feature". Lots of fun at the show with the feedback hold btw! :)

9. lv

lv Supporting Member

Haven't yet a/b'd them.....that said, dig your tunes.

10. embrionic

embrionic Supporting Member

hey thanks much, new ones approaching mix stage right now :)

It may take me a few days but I will post a comparison file of the two. I will reamp a guitar track (or use a recorded loop) so the playing / level is exactly the same clip and folks can hear the difference between the two (unless I am imagining it!)

11. lv

lv Supporting Member

So you find the repeats creamier? (from your post on the other dmmtt thread)

There was an ab clip on that thread where the dmmtt was a bit clearer. Looking fwd to your clip.