Electro Harmonix Pedals (speficially HG+) with a 1 spot daisy chained

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by elegend, Apr 1, 2008.

1. elegend

elegend Member

anyone done this? i just daisy chained up my board..i daisy chined 8 multiplug connector with the 5 multiplug connector to power 10 pedals..i plug it in and everything lights up but the HG+ takes a couple seconds until you can turn it on...is my board gonna explode???

here's my effects loop:
    vox wah -> tu2 -> cs3 -> ds1 -> ts9 -> bd2 -> ce-5 -> ge7 -> dd6 -> HG+

ps. theres a warning on the HG+ manual that says to only use the adapter provided..but you know..visual sound says otherwise...

2. elegend

elegend Member

anyone have any info on the 1 spot and holy grail plus?

i calculated all the current draws of my pedals...does this seem right to you guys?..if the 1 spot can actually push 1700ma..you could power a whole damn lota boss pedals

Vox Wah - 0.54 mA
    TU-2 -55 mA
    CS-3 - 11 mA
    DS-1 - 4 mA
    TS9 - 9 mA
    BD-2 - 8 mA
    CE-5 - 22 mA
    GE-7 - 10 mA
    DD-6 - 55 mA
    HGP - 200 mA

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Member

I use a Godlyke Power All - 1700ma - and I think it does take a few seconds to come to life. I had one space left on my 2nd adaptor for the HG+. But it made a high pitched noise so I had to mount a power strip on my board and use the adaptor included. I like the pedal though.

[​IMG]

4. elegend

elegend Member

cool, thanks for the response goldenboy. i guess the HG+ just needs some warming up time to suck up all that mA. i've tried the HG+ with my effects minus the vox wah and it seem to be quiet like usual, but i didn't get much time with it. gonna try them all daisy chained up when i get my cab back.

5. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

I used my HG with a godlyke powerall. That was the only way I could use it, as 4 different (stock) power supplies burned out on me (with two different HG pedals.) Ultimately, the noise was just too much. Long gone now.