• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Electro-Harmonix Voice Box...

CyrilW

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Mike,

How does the Voice Box compare to some of the TC Helicon stuff? I'm looking for a device like this and want to make sure I'm getting the best bang for my buck.

Thanks,

Cyril

analogmike

Platinum Supporting Member
I also bought the tc helicon as I wanted to control the effects (delay and reverb) and volume from my pedalboard. But I'm not sure I like it, the EH sems to choose better harmonies for rock music. TC follows the chords too closely. And it seems to mess with my vocal tone (what little there is...)

You may need to try both, good luck!

The Person who demoed this Vid is an Awesome artist..check out some of his vids.. his on using the flanger and delays are awesome... and his tones are really superb.. and he only uses his acoustic to produce them.no electrics

JeffreyC

I have a dumb question for you guys about this pedal and the TC...can a vocalist use it without an instrument plugged in and get the vocoder effect and others?

If not, what hardware device can do that in a similar price range and work in a live situation?

analogmike

Platinum Supporting Member
You need to plug an instrument in to get the vocoder effect. the only thing you can do without an instrument is maybe the doubling or octave harmonies.

kevinhifi

I have one of these EH pedals. I haven't had a chance to play around with it a lot, but it is definitely cool. With a distorted guitar as the instrument in vocoder mode, it sounds like a really awesome talk-box.

To answer the question above, the octave, doubling, and whistle effects work standalone - with no instrument. The vocoder absolutely has to have an instrument playing. If you just talk into the mic, you get nothing until you strum the guitar or play the keyboard or whatever. For the harmony modes, if you don't have an instrument playing into the instrument input, it will stay in whatever key it last got from the instrument.

Trending Topics