Electro-Harmonix Wiggler...?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TubeeTuberton, Sep 18, 2008.

1. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

Hey guys. A friend of mine called me today and wanted me to go with him to guitar center to find another pedal. He has been playing a few years and is getting pretty good. He has been trying to learn about pedals and buying a few a long the way. Well, today he wanted to look for and buy a tremolo pedal. We went in the store and talked with one of the guys who said for him to try the EH Pulsar(?). It was okay and was perfect for my friend's price range. I did not want him to just try one pedal and say, "ok, that's the one". I thought he should try some more. Well, I asked the guy what else he had and he told me not much but that he just received a used pedal that we could try.

He pulls out this wooden box and out come a tube driven pedal called "The Wiggler" ran by two 12AX7's. I thought it was pretty cool. We played it and it sounded great. Got some real cool sounds out of it. Almost a Leslie type Vibe. I had not heard much of it but, it ended up being pretty cool. All the original paperwork, boxes, etc. All for $109.00. I just wanted to share and get the opinions of those who have played this pedal and what they thought as well as just wanting to share what I felt was a great find. Feel free to chime in.

2. tng

tng Member

the wiggler was the first vibe/tremolo/vibrato... pedal i bought.
    although getting gas-sy for megavibes, mojovibes, option 5 and aquavibes I still love to come back to the wiggler.
    It's not a perfect leslie simulation (if there will ever be...) but the tube sound is nice, organic and warm. beside that it looks cool! :cool:

If your friend likes the sound - $109 is a good price to start the vibes.

Have fun,
    tng

3. soulsonic

soulsonic Member

I paid nearly $100 for a broken used Wiggler. You got a sweet deal, my friend!
    The tube E-H stuff is pretty cool; it doesn't get enough hype around here, which is really a shame.

4. drod2045

drod2045 Member

this thread just made me wish i had that pedal back :(

5. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

Yeah, I told him if it doesn't work out, that baby is coming home with me!

6. charmboy

charmboy Member

I have a Wiggler and absolutely love the sounds I get out of it. I ultimately took it off of my board though as I find it tends to add a pretty strong hum to my rig. This was tolerable for smaller gigs but at larger places where I had to run my rig really hot, the buzzing was a bit much. Having said that, I still love the sounds I get out of it and use it for home jams and smaller gigs. I paid double the price you guys found for mine though and easily got that amount of value out of it though. You got a great deal.

7. monkmiles

monkmiles Supporting Member

Great sounding pedal for vibe and tremolo. The wurl vibe mode sounds like the vibe of an electric piano. The hamm and looz vibe settings kinda emulate a leslie. I had a Pulsar and it's a good sounding, small, tweakable trem. But the trem on the wiggler sounds better to me, as long as you can deal with the bigger sized pedal and it's wall wart plug.

Many people have had noise issues with them. I haven't had too much issue with noise, but I do notice that it will act up now and then and that it usually is a grounding issues of sorts...but if I move around the pedal and make sure the cord is properly plugged into it, the noise usually goes away. There is also a screw on the bottom which I believe affects grounding noise issues.