Electronic Drums???

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by jtg116, Jul 10, 2005.

1. jtg116

jtg116 Too Many Guitars, Too Little Time

Does anyone know of a good way to get into electronic drums so our wives don't kill us when we practice. Pintech or Hart shells triggers etc. and Roland brain for example?? Is there a drum forum anyone know about that is a great resource like this board? Thanks John

2. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

I've been shopping around for some as well. Leaning towards a Pintech kit but still open to suggestions.

3. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

I bought a Roland kit a few weeks ago and am absolutely loving it. I used to play on an acoustic kit pretty regularly, but can't have one at home due to size and volume. I mainly bought it for recording, but also spend a lot of time just playing. For recording, I take the MIDI out from the Roland module and record it in Pro Tools. From there I trigger Reason (with the Reason Drum kits expansion that has multi-sampled drums) for great sounds. I'm really impressed with the kit, the tracking, and the triggering. I'm curious to try some of the other drum software packages, like Drumkit from Hell, to see how it compares.

I bought the TD3SV kit, which has the rubber pads and the mesh snare. The kit was $995, but you need to add a kick pedal, a seat, and a set of sticks. The module is pretty cool, with 32 kits, and several "teaching" modes to improve your playing. I've been spending a few hours a day playing and am really enjoying it. It is probably one of the best things I've done for my music making in a long time.

I've found two electronic drumming forums. One is at www.vdrums.com and the other is at www.edrumming.com .

Bryan

4. jtg116

jtg116 Too Many Guitars, Too Little Time

5. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

No problem. I'd been planning to start a thread about e-drums, but you did it for me.

Bryan