• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

EleKtron Analog Drive

voss451

It looks pretty decent but with Positive Grid's Bias Distortion Pedal Pro supposed to be coming out this year for roughly the same price, it's going to have some tough competition.

john lan

no competition... the first one is real not digital
and the real thing is usually more real
plenty of other pedals like the bias (boss dual pedal , nux drive pedal , and the line 6 one (in the green delay series) all digital came in to mind (I dont remember names))

john lan

yup, it's an all-analog circuit, with digital memory.

so this was posted in the wrong forum, right?

well it is a multifx and and has midi
and memories
I dont know but if it was 200 $ paired with a dd 500 that costed 200$ it would be very interesting
but it is not

Muzik4Machines

well it is a multifx and and has midi
and memories
I dont know but if it was 200 $ paired with a dd 500 that costed 200$ it would be very interesting
but it is not
it's made by Elektron, one of the most respected name in Pro analog gear, the price is clearly worth every penny

jnam

Played with it a ton at the LA Stompbox Exhibit last month. Each drive circuit was great, but the harmonic fuzz was standout for me. I was using it through an Atomic Amplifire modeling various amps/cabs and it went fat muff tones all the way to sputty fuzz factorys tones depending on the mid freq and mid boost settings.

I've always admired Elektron's contributions to the Synthesizer world and wonder if this would be better paired with a Synth than guitar.

Black_Label

It looks pretty decent but with Positive Grid's Bias Distortion Pedal Pro supposed to be coming out this year for roughly the same price, it's going to have some tough competition.

When I first heard about the Bias, I posted a thread asking what people thought. Crickets. Nothing. I think there's close to zero excitement about this pedal, at least on TGP (which is probably ground zero for potential buyers of a pedal like this). I'm not saying it's bad; I'm saying no one cares.

The Analog Drive, on the other hand, seems to have a fair amount of buzz. I haven't played it yet, but Elektron's reputation for making awesome stuff is pretty solid and it seems like it checks every box for a single drive pedal in a midi rig. I might try to pick one up to use primarily with my Minimoog.

Mr2D

no competition... the first one is real not digital
and the real thing is usually more real
plenty of other pedals like the bias (boss dual pedal , nux drive pedal , and the line 6 one (in the green delay series) all digital came in to mind (I dont remember names))
Or, you know, Source Audio and Strymon.

Digital dirt's come a looooong way...

blobe

i have one elektron, indeed there is another thread.
it's cool
but beware you NEED to update it to 1.3 before the midi is usable.

rsm

just not hearing anything special IMO = yawn

YMMV

edit: and I do have the SA MWD, which was/is a game changer IMO. Opened my ears to digital dirt and added some interesting new options too IMO

I'm looking for new/interesting dirt pedals FWIW.

Last edited:

voss451

just not hearing anything special IMO = yawn

YMMV

edit: and I do have the SA MWD, which was/is a game changer IMO. Opened my ears to digital dirt.

I'm looking for new/interesting dirt pedals FWIW.
Kinda why I brought up the Bias pedal. After a certain point, they kind of start to sound the same and the biggest difference between pedals are the eq options. The Elektron has 8 settings, whereas with the Bias, you can literally design your own pedal. I think the reason no one really said much about it is because; a) it hasn't been released yet and b) apparently, Elektron has a bit of a following, whereas Positive Grid only has 1 piece of hardware to speak of. Once they're both out and have some hours of use on them, it'd be interesting to see a comparison.

Reactions: rsm

Trending Topics

Top Bottom