Eleven Rack Not Detected?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by dagget007, Apr 5, 2015.

1. dagget007

dagget007 Member

Hey guys,

I recently bought a second hand Eleven Rack and I downloaded the standalone editor and installed the new 1.2 drivers, so I could use it through my computer as an interface. I do not own ProTools..

After I install the drivers, my computer will detect the Eleven Rack and I can use it with Guitar Rig or with the Eleven Rack Editor.

HOWEVER, as soon as I unplug the USB cable, if I try to plug it back in, my computer does not detect it. Ive tried everything but the only way to get it to be detected again is if i reinstall the drivers EVERY time I want to use it... what am I doing wrong, or how can I fix this?

Thanks!

2. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

Have you tried different USB ports? I know mine doesn't detect when I use USB 3.0

3. dagget007

dagget007 Member

Well the funny thing is immediately after I restart my computer after installing, it WILL detect it through the either USB port. It is only after it is disconnected that it ceases to recognize it, both in system preferences or in logic preferences for audio.

4. jaime136

jaime136 Supporting Member

IIRC, I'm pretty sure if you have to power off the 11R before you pull the USB. When you go to plug it back in, plug the USB in first then power on. If you pull the USB first you have to restart the computer, which you were doing when you reinstalled the drivers. USB is supposed to be hot swap-able, but that's the only way I could stop that from happening.

EDIT *Also of note, some of the earlier 11R's came with crappy USB cables. I remember reading reports of spotty connections right out of the box. Try the other first and if it doesn't work swap the cable out.

Sorry, I'd test it for you, but my rack's in pieces being re-cabled.