Eleven Rack, sounds so good.

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Jett, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:56 PM.

1. Jett

Jett Supporting Member

Got my Eleven Rack out of storage, I have been using my Kemper and the Xitone cab that Mick built for me for some time now. I decided to take the e-rack and my EV flat response cab to my office for some lunch time fun. I forgot how great this unit is. I was going to sell it, but they are not worth much these days, so I never got around to it. If you are looking for an inexpensive great sounding piece of gear the eleven rack is worth checking out.
    [​IMG]

gtrlw, ccouch7, quilsaw and 9 others like this.
  2. Cactusprick

Cactusprick Member

yeah people (including myself) today are too hung up on what [insert modeler here] sounds so more realistic than the other.
    I had 11r (sold) many years ago and preferred its clean fenders and plexi to the Fractal.

Now I have headrush gigboard which sits in a perfect sweet spot for my needs. It is really versatile with IR loading and everything.

Although I am eagerly waiting on FM3 to be released as well.. oh it's never ending..

What sounded great 10 years ago will sound as great today! :)

Jchrisf, B Money and X-Mann like this.
  3. LolainNB

LolainNB Member

In my uneducated opinion, the Headrush pedalboard should have been named the Eleven pedalboard or Akai Eleven pedalboard. I think the Headrush name is a turnoff for some people I.e. they don’t take it seriously.

X-Mann likes this.
  4. Promit

Promit Member

The 11r had two weaknesses - lack of IRs and pretty fuzzy/tubby high gain sounds. Other than that, phenomenal box.

5. powermatt99

powermatt99 Member

I loved mine, used it a ton for arranging and recording ideas into Logic. Sounded great and was a more than adequate USB interface. Plus, as a condo dweller, I could get great tones without drawing the ire of the HOA. I got out of music for a while except for church stuff and offloaded the 11r along with a bunch of other gear.

6. X-Mann

X-Mann Member

;)Yup, it still sounds great because they got it right from the very start!!!!

If I had limited funds or was new to modeling, I’d still start with the 11-Rack based on how cheap they are to get right now & for ease of use.

Long live the 11R!!!! :D

Peace! X

PS - Cool thread too!!! ;)

quilsaw and Anthony Newcomb like this.
  7. Jett

Jett Supporting Member

Another thing that is great about the 11R is what powermatt99 stated above, great tones at low volume, even the drive settings.When playing at work, that is a plus:)

X-Mann likes this.
  8. B Money

B Money Member

I still use mine every day. I don't have the golden ears like a lot you guys seem to have...it sounds really good to me!

It's a shame that it was basically abandoned by Avid, I guess we'll never know it's true potential. If they could have just added IR support, it would probably still be relevant today.

MixMinisterMike and X-Mann like this.
  9. BCnSTL

BCnSTL Member

The 11R is a fantastic device if you're Pro Tools user.The integration is so great - every clip you record with the 11R has embedded settings. Come back to a session later - right-click the clip and instantly reload the exact settings you used when it was recorded. Brilliant! I think it sounds great. I'm not hung up on the IR loader thing but I do wish it supported multiple mics or 2 cab blocks.