Eliot Lewis of "Live From Daryl's House"

Discussion in 'Artist Spotlight' started by Eliot Lewis, Jun 8, 2014.

1. bdc123

bdc123 Member

Hey Eliot....just stumbled onto this thread. So glad to have you posting here!

Just checked out the Crusade tune....nice work! Straight ahead rock and roll!

Big fan of LFDH. Amazing band! You are a multi-talented musician! Some of my favorite episodes might be off the beaten path...

Chromeo (never heard of them before but I loved their take on the 80's H&O stuff...and the Boz Skaggs was sick!)
    Mayer Hawthorne...ridiculously good vocal intro to Strange Arrangement...loved his stuff! I think this episode was one of many where the show versions was much better than the original!
    Guster...I dig that guy's voice and songwriting
    Minus the Bear...ditto
    Allen Stone...WOW!!! Shows you can't judge a book by the cover!
    Fitz and the Tantrums...so good...another where show version better tan originals...there tunes sound so much better with some guitar!
    Cee Lo...is he really that good of a singer? YES! Bright Lights, Big City and him on H&O tunes was fantastic!

So many other great episodes as well (Gavin Degraw, Amos Lee, JOHNNYSWIM and on and on)

Thanks for sharing! Look forward to more posts from you regarding solo, LFDH and gear talk!

2. gearhead1957

gearhead1957 Member

Very cool that you are a tech head along with being a talented artist. We have been friends on Facebook for a while and I always enjoy your posts. It goes without saying that at my age (57) LFDH is a godsend for music lovers and musicians like myself and I have enjoyed your work on the show since I first saw you perform "Cab Driver" with Daryl on the first episode. (I have got to believe that the shows with Todd Rundgren were an incredible experience for you)..ok...enough of the yadda yadda yadda. So I noticed you are sporting a Tech21 Fly Rig and Power Engines.....I am VERY intrigued by this combo. I like the idea of getting your sound at home and taking it on the road. Any comments?

All the best for 2015 (Sounds like a CABO WABO LFDH coming :)

Cheers
    Andrew

3. Eliot Lewis

Eliot Lewis Member

Hi Andrew,
    thanks for the kind words. Yes the Todd shows as well as being in his band for a tour was an amazing experience. I've been super fortunate to have worked with many of my musical heroes I grew up listening to. Yeah as you know, obviously aside from my keyboard duties on LFDH I'm a full time guitarist in my own career and have been using the Tech 21 stuff for a while. I love the new Flyrig as well as the British character series but honestly I'm still using them most of the time direct into monitors/FOH. In the smaller rooms I play, Bose has been nice enough to supply me with their L1 systems which I love and the bigger venues I usually rely on house monitors (usually good) and I feel Ive been able to have pretty consistent tones with these pedals. I'll report back on the Power engines.
    All the best, Eliot
    www.eliotlewis.com
    https://www.facebook.com/EliotLewisOfficial

4. Dumdeediddle

Dumdeediddle Member

"Reverend Tricky Gomez model" - I have seen some ads & review for this. Looks like a Really Great Guitar

5. rick bryant

rick bryant Member

Eliot,

Just started watching LFDH this year on Palladia! Started recording/watching all the episodes and this show has become one of my very favorites! It's so cool to hear you guys jam with all genres of artists including those well known and those maybe not so well known.

Love to hear you play keys man although I've been reading that you play just about everything and that you sing also. Have seen you play Hammond and Nord on the show and just curious what you use for keyboard amplification? What do you use for keyboard amplification on the road?

I have a Nord Stage 2 and love the vintage Rhodes, Wurlis, and Clavs but also love the acoustic pianos too. Have had a really hard time finding a combo stereo amp that can faithfully reproduce the acoustic pianos and many of the the other patches too. So I wind up plugging my Nord back into my Event studio monitors at home (which sounds most excellent) and running it through the PA system for gigs.

Peace,
    Rick

6. T.L.

T.L. Member

I know this is an old thread but I just discovered it. Eliot, you are awesome. I'm a huge fan of your incredible talent and a huge fan of LFDH.

7. saf_1

saf_1 Member

Elliot -
    Doubt that you are checking this thread much, as I know you're currently on tour - but just on the off chance you happen to see this, am REALLY looking forward to seeing you live with Hall & Oates, this coming Saturday night Sept. 26 at the Cynthia Woods Pavillion here in the Woodlands (Houston) TX. Bringing my wife - first time for her to see H&O live. Last time I saw them was in the 80's, so this is highly anticipated by both of us. Am also seeing Van Halen at the same venue with a buddy of mine, on the Friday night before - so I'm just hoping I'll be able to HEAR H&O on Saturday! ;) Have watched your recently recorded concert in Dublin a couple of times, and thought you guys sounded fantastic, so I am anticipating a really great show. Hope you guys kill it! See ya -
    Stacy