• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Elmwood Modena Channel 1. M60 AC/DC clip.....

flyangus

I thought I'd try a short clip with the Elmwood on Channel 1 with the boost engaged!

Usual setup except I recorded a full track (drums/bass etc). Just a sloppy rendition of 'Sink The Pink' by AC/DC - didn't have much time to perfect it but..........:D

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6165040

Ernie Ball Axis, Bogner 4x12 cab, CAD mic, into Pro Tools LE.

This is the first time I've tried to record a full mix for YEARS!! Anyway, hope you guys like it!

joshsage

awesome! Love it! Thanks again a million... Have you forwarded this to peter yet? I am sure he will love it!
Josh

Iliketapping

Foward your other M60 riffing clip to peter, aswell I love that clip!
Would be awesome to have it on the elmwood site

rjmmusic

Platinum Supporting Member
I always look forward to your clips! Great stuff!

Can't wait to meet the Elmwood guys at NAMM in a few days and try the M90... :RoCkIn

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
Nice. I would have gone a little more brash on the high end but it sounds awesome!

Lution

Man I'm really loving this amp more and more each time I hear it.

Angus, is this the clean channel boosted by it's footswitch only or with another pedal? oh, and what CAD mic are you using?

lastly, do you think you can record your M60 in triode mode sometime?

Thanks and sounds awesome as usual!

paulscape

Sounds great...but wait no angus solo? I get my modena90 tomorrow - dirty deeds done expensively.

I was watching a great acdc dvd on the weekend. lots of early australian interviews with bon scott and some rare clips of them playing. I forget what its called but there's two dvd's one from 1975-79 and one from 1980 onwards. check it out

Hacksaw

Time Warped
Yea!! Angus! :D Great clip! Thanks! Enjoyed it.. but make it longer next time! :D One of the tones I really get into from the M60.

Roe

Sounds quite good. it would be interesting to compare the elmwood to a plexi (not to mention the 200w 2000 series marshalls ac/dc used in the 1980's)

flyangus

Man I'm really loving this amp more and more each time I hear it.

Angus, is this the clean channel boosted by it's footswitch only or with another pedal? oh, and what CAD mic are you using?

lastly, do you think you can record your M60 in triode mode sometime?

Thanks and sounds awesome as usual!

Hi Robbie :)

That was boosted internally, no external pedals or funny stuff!!

Actually, that was in triode mode! :dude The Mic is a CAD Trion 7000 ribbon Mic. I'm gassing for a Royer R-121!

Thanks for listening :)

studiodunn

Platinum Supporting Member
well that was time well spent, as usual. Thanks FA.

I could almost hear the gretsch in the background.

flyangus

Sounds great...but wait no angus solo? I get my modena90 tomorrow - dirty deeds done expensively.

I was watching a great acdc dvd on the weekend. lots of early australian interviews with bon scott and some rare clips of them playing. I forget what its called but there's two dvd's one from 1975-79 and one from 1980 onwards. check it out

AC/DC are awesome! Angus is the reason I started playing the guitar!:dude The first time I heard 'Hells Bells' was a life changing moment for me - I still remember it vividly :D

Cheers, post some M90 clips up!

gainiac

Cool clip, nice sound!!!

Yer killing me though, my Modena is still sitting in customs in New Jersey!!!

flyangus

Yea!! Angus! :D Great clip! Thanks! Enjoyed it.. but make it longer next time! :D One of the tones I really get into from the M60.

Cheers Rik, thanks for checking it out! :)

Well that was just a test track to see if I could get a new drum program to sound decent :D Once I get a bit more used to programming them I'll post some longer ones lol!!

flyangus

Sounds quite good. it would be interesting to compare the elmwood to a plexi (not to mention the 200w 2000 series marshalls ac/dc used in the 1980's)

Thanks, I have never played a real plexi. Closest I guess would be 'plexi' channel on my XTC? :D

Trending Topics

Top Bottom