Elvis Costello pedalboard

IamKrisJones

That's a whole lotta pedals for somebody you don't necessarily tag as a ''guitar player'' really. Very cool stuff! Love what he does!

vanguard

So underrated.
The mesmerizing workshop in tone and melodic phrasing that is the solo in "Sweet Pear" says it all.

sksmith66

I saw him in 2005, I think, and couldn't believe what a great guitarist, singer and showman he was. I always loved his music, but didn't know what a great "live" show he does. The show had to be over 2 hours long and he never let up. Underrated player, for sure! :rockin
I bought a deluxe edition of "My Aim is True" a few years back that came with a second disc that has a live show from 1977 on it. it has become my favorite record of his. amazing energy. raw.

Ben Sp

Every time I see him live I always wish the guitar was louder! No idea he was so into pedals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev O)))

One of my all time favorite musicians and also one of the reasons that I picked up a Jazzmaster in the first place!

ArtDecade

Silver Supporting Member
David Lee Roth: “Music journalists like Elvis Costello because music journalists look like Elvis Costello.”

skunx

Silver Supporting Member
Me: "Shriveled old dicks like David Lee Roth because shriveled old dicks look like David Lee Roth."

teleking36

Silver Supporting Member
Love Elvis. HUGE influence. My boston terrier is named after him, and people NEVER guess that it's the Costello.

Anyway, nice board he's rockin'! Love seeing that JHS Colour Box represented by a pro. It's such a killer pedal. Happy to own one!

joelster

Silver Supporting Member
I saw him a couple of years ago. Small venue, great show. Such a solid player. Yes, very underrated as a guitar player.

pharmacybear

My good friend is his FOH engineer. The tour only started on Monday didnt it?

Yeah only Monday. He originally was going to play an "acoustic" set. He ended up adding a couple musicians. I won't spoil anything for anyone, but I was pretty blown away by his use of distortion on acoustic guitars, looping, and even piano playing.

What was your friend's name? I probably worked with him during the load in.

Sidney Vicious

I saw his show tonight in New Orleans - terrific.

Tht JM is a silverburst? I thought it might be an Antigua but under the stage lights that didn't look quite right - silverburst explains it.

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
I saw his show tonight in New Orleans - terrific.

Tht JM is a silverburst? I thought it might be an Antigua but under the stage lights that didn't look quite right - silverburst explains it.

Pretty sure it is antiqua.

This is pretty cool too:

2Q==
Squier-Vintage-Modified-Baritone-Jazzmaster.jpg

2Q==

Sidney Vicious

For anyone interested. Costello's board from last night (3/4/15). Sorry, the stage lights were hot so I couldn't get a good photo before I had to put his pedalboard away.
jt4dfs.jpg

Elvis sounded GREAT. He had two 65 Amps Lil' Elvis amps, and a Blackface Princeton. Played probably 100 guitars and two keyboards. He had a second smaller board set up in a different place with a TU2, Dark Echo, the same pink Zebra ish looking pedal from this pedalboard, and something else I can't remember.

To get back on topic his pedal board did appear like the above - and he had a smaller set up or two - 1 or 2 pedals only - at other spots on stage.

He seemed to mostly play a small bodied Gibson acoustic with a pickup. After that a big hollow-bodied Gibson(?). He played the JM for Alison and What's So Funny. Special guest was Allen Toussaint. Recommended.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom