Elvis Costello Signature Jazzmaster

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Supporting Member
Weren't folks just saying that walnut finishes have passed on? Well, here's a new one!

gkoelling

I say good for Elvis.

He may not have taken the world by storm with licks but he definitely is a talent to be recognized.

I'm unaware of a more prolific writer.

Crazyquilt

Guitar Dad
Silver Supporting Member
Damn. I don't care about the status of walnut finishes, that looks sweet.

Oh yeah -- I just bought an AVRI 62. Oops. :(

twoheadedboy

I don't understand why Fender can't have a decent non-AV series Jazzmaster that isn't a signature model. The guitar looks okay, but this is silly marketing, in my opinion.

ROKY

That looks cool, but I'd prefer the Fiesta red w/ tortoise guard he
used, back when.

guitarist58

I wish I could get (and afford) a Jazzmaster in Ice Blue Metallic (if they made them :()

Here's a Jag in that color :)

Elvis Costello fan for many years, here, btw :AOK

-Rocky

duckbunny

I've been Jonesin' for a JM for a while now, and this ain't helping! Looks cool!
Now if they come out with a Nels Cline signature JM I'm gonna' wind 'up having to rob a bank!:worried

-db

c-dub

Vastly underrated and underappreciated player and writer. I saw him with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra which did a symphony he wrote, and eventually he, Steve Nieve, and a bassist came out and rocked with the orchestra. Pretty cool.

Crazyquilt

Guitar Dad
Silver Supporting Member
I wish I could get (and afford) a Jazzmaster in Ice Blue Metallic (if they made them :()
They did, although the color was discontinued in '07. You can still find them -- I had one and foolishly sold it, then, realizing the error if my ways, waited & grabbed one when I could afford it. It was the second I came across in my search, so they are definitely out there.

Crazyquilt

Guitar Dad
Silver Supporting Member
I don't understand why Fender can't have a decent non-AV series Jazzmaster that isn't a signature model. The guitar looks okay, but this is silly marketing, in my opinion.
CIJ Jags & JMs show up on eBay on a regular basis. They're still in production, though not available (directly ;)) in the US. Of course, you're (at the very least) going to need to swap out the pickups for it to actually sound like a JM, so you'll need to count that in, pricewise.

CIJ Jags & JMs show up on eBay on a regular basis. They're still in production, though not available (directly ;)) in the US. Of course, you're (at the very least) going to need to swap out the pickups for it to actually sound like a JM, so you'll need to count that in, pricewise.
What pickups should be used? I understand Mike Einziger of Incubus puts Duncans in his JM reissues. Are there any other "authentic" pickups?

guitarist58

They did, although the color was discontinued in '07. You can still find them -- I had one and foolishly sold it, then, realizing the error if my ways, waited & grabbed one when I could afford it. It was the second I came across in my search, so they are definitely out there.
Thanks for the info! I actually did have a passing thought about trying to build one, too.

Trending Topics