email address

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by wedewer, Apr 30, 2008.

1. wedewer

wedewer Supporting Member

Just by chance, would anyone have the current email address of the ceo or the president of Gibson guitars?

2. RockDC

RockDC Member

3. wedewer

wedewer Supporting Member

there are some guys moving a lot of new gibson gear, definitely on the downlow. It's obvious they have something set up with a Gibson dealer and are moving it on ebay and craigslist. Which is not something that I find offensive, but they are also snapping up the great used gear and keeping it from getting in the hands of players. My friend sold a 59RI at a killer price to a guy he thought was a guitar lover. It was on ebay the next day. The guy turned out to be a deal who moves like 30grand worth of Gibsons a month out of his house. The second guy who contacted him was a guitar player, guitar lover and lost out. It just kind of leaves a real sour taste in my mouth. I am sure that gibson and gibson dealers don't want their brand new gear being sold at hundreds less than any dealer could possibly sell it at. Trust me, I am not talking about protecting Guitar Center. There are a lot of super cool Gibson dealers like Dave's guitars that this effects. More importantly, a guy just trying to get a good deal on craigslist.

4. RockDC

RockDC Member

I'd call 18004gibson and ask them who you should contact about it... could be a legal issue. Honestly the CEO won't know what to do with that information, that sounds more like a Regional Sales Manager Issue.

5. Bhodie

Bhodie Member

If they are moving brand new gear, that may (or may not) be a issue with Gibsons distribution policies (which I hear are fairly draconian..) and I think going to the local District Mgr. is the right route..

Buying used gear to "turn and burn" is another matter. While it certainly is unfortunate, if people want to sell cheap, and buyers have $$$.. and then resell it, whether a day later or a year later and try to make a profit.. well, that is pretty much what every music store in the country does..

Most retailers will give you about 60% of the "street sell".. maybe a bit more if you are trading up, maybe a bit less if you are just looking to "cash out". While I would have loved to have had a 59RI at a killer price.. well, bummer.. missed that one :)

People have been working the gap since commerce began, whether it be cars, guitars, wheat, oil, sugar, orange juice.. well you get the idea...

6. Lawn Jockey

Lawn Jockey Member

I seriously doubt Henry would be the guy to write to.

He's way to busy trying to figure out how to continue to screw the Mom & Pop stores and get more product into Guitar Center.

7. michael30

michael30 Gold Supporting Member

Who are they going to sell to if not players?

8. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I'm not seeing why the CEO of Gibson would care what happens to their guitars on the used market.

9. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

He's too busy playing Guitar Hero.

10. 205

205 Senior Member

People can do what ever they want with guitars they buy on the second hand market.

11. hotcake

hotcake Member

new gibson gear? is the background of all of the photos the same black and white music note rug??

If so this guy is in South Saint Paul and I have no idea where he gets his guitars. He is constantly on CL here in Minneapolis and has 1 to 2 "new" (stickers case candy etc) every week.

shoot me some of the ebay auction numbers- I'd love to see if this is that cat.

12. hotcake

hotcake Member

ok so I just checked. he has 5 CS gibsons on ebay currently.

Ebay handle is strummer1960

thats the guy that is local to me.

13. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

Can somebody explain to me what the problem here is?