• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Emerald acoustics!

cjp54

Any one have one? How do you like it? Are there better carbon fiber acoustics out there. I’m looking at buying the X7. I live in Arizona and its a pain trying to keep a traditional acoustic properly humidified.

mccreadyisgod

I have three carbon fiber guitars made by Rainsong; a parlor, an orchestra, and a grand auditorium/symphony. They are truly unique and beautiful instruments. Carbon fiber definitely has its own tonal character, and each manufacturer uses different techniques that lend to different tones as well. But I really enjoy the ones I own, and their stability in the face of challenging humidity conditions is definitely a plus.

dhd

I have two Emerald guitars a 2016 X7 and a 2017 X20.
I like the X7 for it's compact size and even though it's small it still sounds very good. The X20 is an amazing instrument, I smile every time I play it, every guitarist should have an X20.

Red_Label

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Composite Acoustics Cargo (used to have two of them). I've also played several Rainsongs.

I too like having a guitar that I can just play and not feel like I'm a "caregiver" like I do with my expensive wood instruments. Carbon fiber will never replace wood when you're looking for that warm, woody tone. But they are dang good and sound great in their own way. I'm driving my convertible from where I live in Montana to Las Vegas next week with the top down (if it's not snowing), and my CA Cargo will be in the seat next to me, while the wood guitars stay at home in the closet.

Trending Topics