• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Emerald City Guitars

This place has always been fun to go into. Excellent staff. Amazing vintage pieces. Fair prices. They did this new video series called Reality of ECG. I geeked out a little watching it. I figured someone else on here might as well, so I thought I'd share it. They're well done little shorts. Of course there's a bit of salesmanship in it, but they've gotta justify the videos somehow. (sneak peak: in episode 20 they take out an untouched '59 burst)

http://www.emeraldcityguitars.com/reality-of-ecg/

Feel free to share any other experiences with this great little shop.

I have no affiliation, but would prefer to be working there than sitting at my office right now.

RCCola

(|@ / \ @ |.)
Gold Supporting Member
Four or five years ago, I gave the owner my business card and told him to contact me if he ever got a plexi in since I was looking to buy. He gave me a weird look when he took it. Never got a call.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
Four or five years ago, I gave the owner my business card and told him to contact me if he ever got a plexi in since I was looking to buy. He gave me a weird look when he took it. Never got a call.
Yeah, they also used to have a "wish list" feature on their website where you could specify things you were looking for so they could contact you when they came in. I've never heard from them on it, but I found at least two pieces I was looking for on their website that I'd flagged as being interested in. They have a lot of turnover though, so I suspect there's not much impetus to do more than wait for the customers to walk in the door.

Other than that, a pretty good vintage shop.

coldfingaz

Love this place. Knowledgable & friendly staff to complement a great selection of (especially) guitars. So many cool Teles I wanted last time I was in there.

buddyboy

Platinum Supporting Member
I bought a guitar from them online about a year ago. Let's just say when it came there were enough undisclosed changes done to it that weren't substantial enough to cause me to return it, but enough that I don't think I'll buy from them again.

CyberFerret

Always vowed that when I come into $millions, I am going to go to Emerald City Guitars to buy a vintage guitar purely because the guys were really cool to me and my young boys when we visited there a few years back...

EricPeterson

I was there last spring, great store, great staff, could not be more friendly or accommodating. If you are in Seattle, definitely stop in.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom