1. yetikeeper

yetikeeper Member

Hi guys

Was hoping someone could help me out. Hope i have posted this in the correct part of the forum.

I have installed seymour duncans in 3 of my guitars, no problem. Diagrams easy to follow.
    Just bought EMG 81TW and EMG 60A to go into my DBZ bolero. The EMG diagram I am having problem with. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Diagram from EMG
    [​IMG]

As you can see the diagram provided for a 1 Vol, 1 Tone guitar assumes the push/pull is on the neck pickup. I am installing the 81TW in the bridge so i assume I can just switch the diagram around a little.

However

I am stuck on this (the highlighted bit of the diagram below

[​IMG]

The wire from the neck pickup has a red wire (which obviously goes to the battery. The other wire has a metal braid surrounding a thinner white wire.
    As far as I can see from the diagram this wire somehow comes form the pickup, goes to the cavity of the guitar where the braid is soldered to the Tone pot and then it looks like it then carries on back through the guitar and onto the 3 way toggle. If this is the case it needs one hell of a long wire.

Can someone explain what is going on with that wire (it is not clear what is happening when it gets to the tone pot (or even point me in the direction of a coil tapped 1 Vol, 1 Tone diagram that is more like the seymour duncan diagrams.)

thanks in anticipation of your help

2. Freddy G

Freddy G Member

You don't need to run the bridge cable all the way to the tone pot casing just to make the shield (ground) connection. You can just run the bridge pup cable straight to the 3 way switch and connect the shield to the ground point of the switch....where the arrow is pointing in my diagram.

[​IMG]

3. yetikeeper

yetikeeper Member

thanks man, even though your picture is not showing on my monitor i understand where you mean. What a stupid EMG diagram then that has such an easy answer. Thanks again