1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Emincence GB12's for high gain? In general?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ibanez4life SZ!, Sep 15, 2008.

1. ibanez4life SZ!

ibanez4life SZ! Member

Hey guys!

I run PRS Singlecuts into a small pedalboard, pushing the front end of a Mesa Stiletto Stage II...we're talking HOT rodded Marshall here, with a bit of the Mesa grunt.

I'm running this into a Mesa Traditional 4x12, and I constantly keep questioning the V30s in there.

I've tried Greenbacks, and they sounded REALLY cool.

How is this Eminence version? I like the idea of a higher wattage, and tighter low end, which is what many people say they produce.

I play mostly hard rock and some metal....love my clean and crunch tones too though....like to use fuzz every once in a while. I venture into MANY tones as you can see. BUT, I love an aggressive high gain punch!

So, would these speakers work for me? Would you recommend something else? Should I stick with the V30s?

Appreciate it!

Eric

2. ibanez4life SZ!

ibanez4life SZ! Member

Looks like my thread fell through into the great abyss :(

Anyone that can help me out?

3. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

They're great speakers, sort of a warmer/darker Greenback vibe. Suitable for a range of styles. I don't disagree w/ the description you noted (tighter lows, higher wattage)...

4. Steve73

Steve73 Member

I have them in an open back 2x12 cab. While I don't play any heavy stuff, they have great bottom with tons of clarity so they should work very well with what you play.

5. ibanez4life SZ!

ibanez4life SZ! Member

So overall, they'd be your recommendation over an actual Greenback?

6. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

For what you want to do? Mos def...