1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eminence Delta Pro 12A

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by DetourMS, Nov 10, 2005.

1. DetourMS

DetourMS Guest

Eminence sells this as a PA or bass speaker primarily and says it can be used for electric guitar. I heard a pair my friend put in a 2x12 and it blew me away.

Am I missing something? Has anyone else heard these?

2. mangley

mangley Member

I replaced the C90 in a mesa thiele 1x12 with a delta pro and it sounds great.

I have the same cab with an EVM-12L and much prefer the Delta Pro. The Delta Pro is deeper and smoother sounding to my ears.

3. eviltoaster

eviltoaster Guest

i have an amazing 4x12 cab with two v30 and two modded deltas! it's built by www.houseofspeakers.de ,really great and better than the orange cab i had before!! (use it with engl fireball)

4. flatfinger

flatfinger Member

well, if you look at the 1 watt charts, It's the only one that is'nt the alps with peaks and valleys in the response. Probably doesnt break up or color AT ALL. Lots of guys used that approach, you'll definatley know what you getting from the amp!!!
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

5. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

If you read the Guitar Player review, (favorable by the way) although they don't come right out and say it's an EVM12L, (or clone) they CERTAINLY allude to the fact that it can produce "that" uncolored (let the tone of your amp shine through)) type tone ala SRV or Zakk Wylde. (to quote the review on performers mentioned)

Chuck

6. DetourMS

DetourMS Guest

Makes sense. I guess the speakers in my cab were not doing the amp any justice.

7. axelicker

axelicker Member

Yes, I can vouch for the fact that the Delta Pro 12A doesn't break up at all. I used one in the bottom of a vertical 2x12 cab for years along with a V30. Added tremendous thump for palm-muted riffs and down-tuned material but I also found it a great compliment for all material. I can't imagine having 2 in the cab because each handle 400W and weigh a ton. They only come in 8 0hm though (which is what the "A" denotes), so I wired an 8 ohm V30 in series with it.

8. aeolian

aeolian Member

Comparing a Delta Pro to an EVM, the DP is slightly sweeter and not as hi-fi dry. Otherwise they are very similar. CLEAN, uncolored, brighter at low volumes and darker at high levels. Probably the best bet for this type of clean, high power speaker.

9. Paul86

Paul86 Member

Bumping the thread back into life. Anyone else used this speaker?

10. mangley

mangley Member

I thought we put this to bed in 2005. Was a great speaker, still is. Nuff said.

11. Paul86

Paul86 Member

Hey mangley,
    What do you mean by "we put this to bed in 2005"?

12. Paul86

Paul86 Member

Anyone knows?

13. Paul86

Paul86 Member

Come on! No one?

14. mangley

mangley Member

Just kidding around with you.

I have not been on this forum for a long time when the first thing I see is this post from 2005 on which I had replied. The delta pro 12 is a great speaker at a fair price, try it - you'll like it.

15. Paul86

Paul86 Member

Hey mangley,
    What's great about it? I mean, what kind of music do you play, guitar, amps, etc?

16. Paul86

Paul86 Member

17. Paul86

Paul86 Member

Yep, I tried that, but with unfortunately no matches.

18. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

The URLs in my post above do highlight matches - read the threads...