1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Eminence Delta Pro Best replacement for EVM 12L?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mxr2000, Aug 14, 2008.

1. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

Is the DELTA PRO-12A best replacement for EVM 12L?or there is something better..?

2. Norjef

Norjef Member

Illi-noise - governors making license plates
    What do you want to change? If you want an identical-to-EV sound, Delta Pro (IMHO) is as close as 2 different EVM12-L's are.

Some say a little less highs, but not in my experience. Mebbe a tiny bit lighter ?

I'm back to EV's and Delta Pros after much experimentation, can get about any sounds I want/need with just amp EQing---Jazz, funk, to hard rock. PLUS: they just don't blow when the demons of live performance take over.

3. mark norwine

mark norwine Member

Dumb question: if you want something that sounds just like an EVM12L, why not use an EVM12L?

Not trying to be a smartass.....I'm genuinely curious. Why not just use "the real thing"?

4. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

OK here is why i ask about it!!!
    http://www.usspeaker.com/evm 12L-1.htm

where did you get yours?

5. mark norwine

mark norwine Member

6. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

By the way the reason i was looking for some info on EVM12l is because on Joe Bonamassa use them on his 4x12 cabinets on his Jubilee amps, found some tips to cope his sound with a jubilee 2554 combo and the only thing missing was a some EVM12L speakers..

7. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

8. Occam

Occam Member

That's odd....I can't believe they're fully discontinuing these. They still make the Black Label ones which are basically the same thing. I have 4 in a 4x12 Matamp cab and they're definitely worth the weight.

9. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member