1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eminence LOVE thread!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Tag, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

As with the other thread........with all of the bashing, there MUST be many other guys who love them! I am one! I have 3 older Eminence 10" speakers in my UG 30, and I think they KILL! I flip between these and the Celestion G12H30s. They both sound killer! GREAT speakers to my ear, and no cone cry at all with these. :dude

At first, I thought they were a bit inefficient for my taste, but now I CRAVE them! :AOK So who else here digs them as well? :confused:

2. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Love 'em.
    Very supportive company too!
    Thanks, Tag.

3. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

I have one in my '65 Princeton Reverb and really like the sound of it. It sounds the way a guitar should, at least to me.

I also have a Cannibis Rex in another cab, but haven't gotten much use out of it yet. I did have some problems with the speaker initially, but my dealer took care of the problem with no fuss.

In general, if a product doesn't work for me I don't spend hours on-line bashing it. I vote with my wallet and buy something else.

Bryan

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Totally satisfied with the 4 Private Jack's in my 412. No cone cry, no issues, sound incredible.

5. claptonisgood

claptonisgood Member

+1:D

6. G'OlPeachPhan

G'OlPeachPhan Member

Red Fangs are my favorite of all AlNiCo speakers I've tried... the list includes Celestion Blues and Weber P12N's. Celestion may have the most famous AlNiCo speaker, but I think Eminence PERFECTED the AlNiCo speaker! It has great chime, thick harmonic-rich mids, and a tight bottom even when pushed that Cele Blues can only dream about. I would chose the Fangs over the Blues even if the Blues weren't ridiculously overpriced.

7. Buffaloe

Buffaloe Member

I replaced a EV12L in my Em 50 with a Tonker, and I've been very pleased with the speaker. I had a Weber Chicago that had cone cry in a Jenkins cab powered by a Fuchs Bassman head mod. It hurt my teeth. The problem was solved by deciding I no longer wanted a head/cab setup, selling all of the above as seperate components, and buying the Em 50, which had a Fane in it which I hated, even though it didn't have cone cry. Smoetimes things just work out differently from what you expected.

8. tga-3

tga-3 Supporting Member

My favorite cab is a Roccaforte 1 X 12 open-back loaded with a Governor.....it's THE speaker I was looking for, out-performs everything else I've tried.
    FWIW,
    Rick

9. dfarrar

dfarrar Silver Supporting Member

I just picked up a new Splawn 4x12 loaded with gov's and wizards in an X pattern. No cone cry here. Awesome....just awesome.

10. DaveK

DaveK Member

After decades of not having much choice in speakers,I'm happier than hell with the new Eminence line.I was really diggin' the Govs and PJs,but heard enough about the Wizards I had to try 'em. Absolutely kicked my ass from the first note.:dude
    Cranked in 2x12s or 4x12s,whether clean,crunch or gained out metal, they are a favorite. No issues,no complaints,just pure high decibel love.:p

11. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

Yep I have a 1x12 Carolina Cabs cab with a Governor and it's 1 of the best sounding cab/speaker combo's I've ever heard.. I absolutely love my 2 Cannabis Rexes too in a Naylor 2x12 I have. I even like them more as 1x12's believe it or not! I also love the Red Fangs I have.. Great stuff.

ERIC

12. jetguitargary

jetguitargary Member

Just received my three Copperhead 10's yesterday and quicky installed them in my Vibro-King replacing the Blue Frames. I have to say I'm impressed! No cone cry, warm, full, but also extended. Fun to play. Maybe a little bit closed-in compared to the Blue Frames but without that bit of shrillness that's always bugged me in the Vibro-King. Just what I was hoping for! I can't wait for them to fully break-in! They already sound better today than yesterday as I keep pounding them. Damn that Vibro-king is a loud mother! What??

Gary Mulder

Mulder Audio X-Cables

13. hasserl

hasserl Member

The Tonker is King! Long live the King!

14. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Member

Love them. They are a great company. Love the Copperheads and Legend series for 10's, and the Wizards are the best new speaker I've ever heard. 2 wizards in a 2x12 cab is an awesome versatile cab. G12 type killer sound and power handling for anything you throw at it!!

15. strata189

strata189 Member

Love the Tonkers and the Swamp Thangs. Haven't tried any others for an extended time, but these 2 do it for me.
    Randall

16. BFC

BFC Supporting Member

Love my Texas Heats and Ragin Cajun!

17. mountain blues

mountain blues Member

Man, as an audience member (and having spent a fair amount of time up close and personal with them), I love the Legend 105-8's in Tommy Castro's rig. Rippin' great tone.

18. jayn

jayn Member

Sort of +1.

I still think Blues can be breathtaking, but the Red Fang is a better fit with my Mayfly BC30. Is also sounds just stellar when I plug a Princeton Reverb into it.

I've heard super Reverend and Tone King branded Eminence speakers too.

I like Celestions, I like Eminence...it's all good.

19. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

The old G12H30s are still my faves. Nothing has unseated them yet. But the recent Eminence speakers have definitely earned a spot in the lineup with their power-handling capabilities, good overall sound and decent performance. Love is a bit too strong a term for me at this stage...but I'm definitely happy I own them.

20. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I've got a Red Fang and a Ragin Cajun in the same cabinet and both are great. I've also got a Two Rock 12-65 which is made by Eminence and that's breaking in nicely too.

Other favorites are the Scumback SA12-75 (Weber made Celestion clone), and my new favorites are the Fane AXA12 - what an amazing high powered alnico speaker, and the George Scholz/Harry Joyce - amazing detail, punch and feel. I've ordered the "new and improved" model too.

Variety is the spice of life and tone! More voices to speak guitar with.