1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Eminence P50E vs Celestion Gold 50

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mach5, Jan 21, 2012.

1. mach5

mach5 Member

I have a Fryette D212 cab, I was thinking about changing out the speakers for something different. Would the Golds be worth it?

2. dughaze

dughaze Member

...with what amp? If it's a Fryette amp I thought the P50e's were the bee's knees's. I want to know because I just got a Deliverance 60 and I am using it sometimes with an Avatar loaded with Eminence GB128's and it's not bad, not bad at all. I also use the amp with a Mesa 2x12 with Vintage 30's and it's pretty cool too.

Did I get way off subject here? :huh

3. mach5

mach5 Member

Using a Sig X head. I know this sounds crazy, but it seems to sound better through my Avatar 212 w/ V30 & G12H (semi-open back). The D212 cab sounds really mid-heavy and not as much depth as the other. Maybe because its a 2x12, I don't know. Actually I recently bought the D212, maybe I'm not giving it a chance.

4. dughaze

dughaze Member

That's interesting. People that pair the Vintage 30 and G12H30 seem to really like that combo. I want to try it. I have an 8 ohm Scumback H75 I need to trade for a 16 ohm version and I'll be able to do this.

5. mach5

mach5 Member

Avatar did well with this cab, sounds great with any head I put through it. Just wish the Fryette cab shared some of its characteristics. Although, I must say, they sound awesome together with that Sig X.

6. Kelly

Kelly Member

I have an old VHT/Fryette 2x12. Used it for 5 years with stock p50s. When they died, I loaded it with Wizards. I much prefer the Wizards.

7. stephen sawall

stephen sawall Member

V30 & H30 is what I use with my Sig X most of the time.