Eminence P50E vs Celestion Gold 50

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mach5, Jan 21, 2012.

1. mach5

mach5 Member

I have a Fryette D212 cab, I was thinking about changing out the speakers for something different. Would the Golds be worth it?

2. dughaze

dughaze Member

...with what amp? If it's a Fryette amp I thought the P50e's were the bee's knees's. I want to know because I just got a Deliverance 60 and I am using it sometimes with an Avatar loaded with Eminence GB128's and it's not bad, not bad at all. I also use the amp with a Mesa 2x12 with Vintage 30's and it's pretty cool too.

Did I get way off subject here? :huh

3. mach5

mach5 Member

Using a Sig X head. I know this sounds crazy, but it seems to sound better through my Avatar 212 w/ V30 & G12H (semi-open back). The D212 cab sounds really mid-heavy and not as much depth as the other. Maybe because its a 2x12, I don't know. Actually I recently bought the D212, maybe I'm not giving it a chance.

4. dughaze

dughaze Member

That's interesting. People that pair the Vintage 30 and G12H30 seem to really like that combo. I want to try it. I have an 8 ohm Scumback H75 I need to trade for a 16 ohm version and I'll be able to do this.

5. mach5

mach5 Member

Avatar did well with this cab, sounds great with any head I put through it. Just wish the Fryette cab shared some of its characteristics. Although, I must say, they sound awesome together with that Sig X.

6. Kelly

Kelly Member

I have an old VHT/Fryette 2x12. Used it for 5 years with stock p50s. When they died, I loaded it with Wizards. I much prefer the Wizards.

7. stephen sawall

stephen sawall Member

V30 & H30 is what I use with my Sig X most of the time.