Eminence Tonker Clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by glasman, Feb 11, 2006.

1. glasman

glasman Guest

Here is a clip I put together today to see how much I like the Eminence Tonker. The speaker is in a small 1x12 cabinet. Amp is my first d-clone from a couple of years ago. This speaker is really different from the EVM's I normally run. The guitar is a Les Paul R7.

The clip starts on the bridge pickup and at about 1:30 I switch to the neck and then back to the bridge at about 3:00.

Let me know what you think.

Gary

http://glaswerks.com/media/maria.mp3

2. fig

fig Member

Hi Gary -

I think your Tonker sounds really good. I used to use them, but I found them to be a bit fuzzy. But I like your tone here. It's crisp and full - not fuzzy. It makes me rethink the Tonker. :)

Greg

3. glasman

glasman Guest

Thanks Greg I am pleasantly surprised with the Tonker. I will have to see how it breaks in over time. It definately has more top end than I expected, let's see if it remains after being broken in.

Gary

4. Ben Furman

Ben Furman Member

Gary,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have cemented my decision to go with the Tonker in my own 1x12" application. I've read so much about its supposed fizzy/fuzzy quality with respect to distorted tones that I was pretty much scared off. In my view, nothing else comes close to it for clean stuff, but now your recording inspires my confidence in the breakup tones.

Beautiful-sounding amp with that Paul too! It strikes a perfect, delicate balance. Not too bright, and not too dark. Not too edgy, and nowhere near muddy. Fabulous!

5. Galo

Galo Supporting Member

Gary, can you do the same with the ev, same setings so we can hear the diference? By the way the sound is very good.

6. Wolf Static

Wolf Static Member

I have Eminence Red Tonkers in my Top Hat Ambassador combo and it makes the amp sound MUCH richer and fuller than the stocks...