Emma ReezaFRATzitz

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sonofgroceries, May 14, 2006.

1. Curious if anyone's tried them out at all. I bought one and I think it's one of the greatest distortion pedals around. It's a little too harsh for my tastes personally, but a great distortion pedal.

If you've tried one or own one, throw your thoughts at me.

2. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

The Reetza is an awesome dirt box and the bias control lets you move the distortion around the sound. But it is not an OD or gain pedal, slight overlap' but more towards the Fuzz side of town, thick dirt and growl, on the edge power and great cabinet thunk for nu-metal.

Here's another complete surprise, the Barber Small Fry set to the $20,000 booteek preset will turn a normally farty little amp like the Vibrolux reverb RI into a wall of Boogie recto's. What a shock!!!

3. Lution

Lution Supporting Member

I found the Reeza to have a very beautiful distortion to almost fuzz tone, but the "Thump" was always present and cannot be adjusted out. If Emma puts a bass control on the Reeza i'll revisit it, but it had too much bass for me.

4. Baby Evil

Baby Evil Member

The problem that I had with it was that the gain wasn't apparent in the room; when recorded it was great, but somehow the saturation didn't project live. And a bit too bassy indeed.
    Ofcourse it all depends on what amps you're playing (sure kicked that open door in)

Jan

5. Robzilla

Robzilla Member

so does anyone have a clip that shows how heavy it gets?

6. humbert

humbert Member

Replaced it with an OCD. Reeza did the best Van Halen 1 sound I've ever heard -- with my Twin. OCD leans more towards Clapton/Page territory, which is slightly more what I'm looking for.

7. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

It's RAT type of box... correct?

8. VSpaceBoy

VSpaceBoy Member

No, not Rat like to me at least.

I have one and love it.. definatley a cross between a great dist and a fuzz.

I took it off my board though.. but still have it for a rainy day.

9. tocs100

tocs100 Member

To me, the company's clip sounded like a Poison song. Sorry, but I wouldn't touch that if they paid me!:Devil Check out the $15 Dano Fabs instead. (I keed you not.)

10. brian marshall

brian marshall Member

I still have not tried the OCD. I have played arround with the ema a few times, and probalby should have bought one back when they were still $125. I play through an openback twin style amp, and i think that is what the ema is best suited for.

For van halen sounds i like my toadworks mr ed. not a lot of gain, but i think EVH uses a lot less gain that most people thinks he does.

11. KBN

KBN Member

The Reeza is a very nice pedal. The bias control gives you some cool variations on a theme. Like others have said, it does have lots of bass. Its too bad that the board is epoxied making it impossible to modify. (I understand why they did it though.) It would be cool if they even had a bass cut switch or something. Lots of gain on tap though. I have found that if you have a low gain overdrive before it, it helps focus the pedal. Sometimes I hit the Reeza lightly with my Red Snapper.

12. JPenn

JPenn Member

I had the same problem with the Reeza, too much lowend. I've got an OCD now and it ain't perfect either. The OCD is very responsive to knob changes, maybe too much so. When I back off from full to 8 on my volume knob it cuts the drive by about 75%.

I still gotta try a BB Preamp, but so far I keep coming back to the SD9.

13. Guy from Idaho

Guy from Idaho Member

for me, the key is to keep the gain down (between all the way off to about 9:00), volume up about 9:00 to noon, and back off guitar volume knob (which I do with all pedals anyway). The Reeza cleans up real well, for a fat Kossoff-type sound (with Les Paul & Germino L55). Tried out a OCD as a possible replacement but prefer the Reeza for my tastes. I don't find it too bassy at all, the tone control works just fine for me?
    fwiw, -Guy