Emporium guys: no need to be rude...

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by james..., Mar 1, 2019.

1. John Coloccia

John Coloccia Cold Supporting Member

Mostly, I wing it. If I trust someone, I'll hold it for them and take the chance. Otherwise, it's "let me know when you're really ready to buy it, and I'll let you know if it's still available." I don't know why it ever needs to be any more complicated than this, and why anyone would ever get upset.

justabubba likes this.
  2. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

It's not a deal until the money is in your account period. The only time to be annoyed is when they pay and then change their mind.

The emporium is really just a staging place for high priced items to be bumped up daily. Nothing more these days. You know who you are.

3. plaintopper

plaintopper Member

I had a straight up trade agreed to via conversations/emails here over the holidays ... my Stripped 58 for a nice LP Traditional. Then when I try to reach out like an hour later about when we could ship, etc., the guy goes full ghost. Just nothing. Few days go by, still nothing. Never heard a word back from the guy.

I mean if you’re gonna back out of a deal because something better came along, or you just got cold feet, fine. But strap on a pair of nuts and send me a bleeping email saying as much. Going back on an agreement is not great, but going dark is worse.

4. T92780

T92780 Silver Supporting Member

Don't shop at my store, please.

5. Gasp100

Gasp100 Supporting Member

I don't have the stomach or patience for waiting on people to "gather funds" to close a deal.
    Either you are in a position to buy or not, pretty simple. If you are not, then best chill until you are IMHO.
    I've had people hit me up on Reverb with a ton of Q & A, then state "I just need to sell x items over the next 3 weeks and this will be mine"... sure, OK!

Kurzman, Buckeyedog and FiestaRed like this.
  6. drpeacock

drpeacock Member

James be trolling y'all.

7. Traintrack

Traintrack Coolest Member Award Aug 2009 Silver Supporting Member

If someone is having issues raising funds, you know it is going to be nothing but a heartache. Even after everything is completed, that buyer will be sitting there with your guitar and no money and most likely needing money to pay off the money that he just sent you. And remembers that his rent is due next week.

Then the emails start. Hey I need to return this. Why you ask? It is ______ and ______. You know it's ********. He needs that cash back. That where the fun starts.
    Will he wreck your guitar and claim he received it like that? Will he pull wires out in your amp?

These people are delusional, whacked

[​IMG]

Ill sell my Pokemon cards tomorrow... where is my change jar?

Jabberwocky likes this.
  8. Alec the Viking

Alec the Viking Supporting Member

Or at least don’t expect you to keep yours.

9. Rotten

Rotten Silver Supporting Member

Words and their implications are also important. If you recognize that certain phrases cause so many people to gloss over the precise details of a particular phrase, then why choose that phrase? How is that different than walking into your local McDonald's and telling the cashier "I would to like to order a Big Mac" or "I want to order a Big Mac." Do you get upset when they hand you a Big Mac because they didn't listen closely?

rhinocaster and Tiny Montgomery like this.
  10. RicardoDiazHimself

RicardoDiazHimself Member

I don't consider anything a commitment to buy my item until they actually pay.
    I sell like an online store. Until you click the "buy" button, there's nothing on the table.
    I won't hold it for you either. No matter what, unless you put money on it.
    Every msg, comment, or question is just that.
    Like a store: until your money shows in my account or you hit buy first, someone else can buy it. I'll give you as far as telling you somebody else is inquiring about the item at the same time and let you know if it sells while negotiating.
    If you're interested, only cash will commit any of us .

11. RicardoDiazHimself

RicardoDiazHimself Member

Except you pay before they even start cooking anything at McDonald's. You can ask anything you want about their products. Until they input the order, push the cashier button, and receive the payment, it's not commiting at all for anyone.

Pixies2005 and Heinz57Pep like this.
  12. Tiny Montgomery

Tiny Montgomery Supporting Member

“I’d like to order a Big Mac.”

“Okay, that’ll be $3.”

“I didn’t say I was buying a Big Mac!”

Sure, they can’t force you to buy the Big Mac, but they’ll rightfully think you have a screw loose.

13. MrTAteMyBalls

MrTAteMyBalls Member

false. it is not bought until the money has changed hands.

14. Jay K

Jay K Member

Not really. As a general rule if a potential buyer says something along the lines of "I want to buy your advertised item at your asking price (or at a price you agreed to accept during negotiations}, send me your Paypal information so I can pay," and the Paypal information is then sent by the seller, a legally enforceable contract has been formed and the buyer then is not legally free to walk away. There may be cases where there are some terms that have not been resolved, e.g., ambiguity about where the item is going to be shipped to (e.g., USA vs. another country), and in this case one might say there has not been a "meeting of the minds" and therefore no contract, but I would think this is the exception. But realistically, even where there is a meeting of the minds and formation of a contract virtually no one is going to file a lawsuit over something like this (well, unless we are talking about something like a '59 burst, in which case maybe). That, however, should not be confused to mean a legally enforceable contract has not been entered into.

Autoesq and Rufus like this.
  15. Slicklickz

Slicklickz Member

If you make an offer on Reverb you have to check a check box that says you agree to buy the item if your offer is accepted,it says "
    I agree to pay if my offer is accepted".
    From the Reverb FAQ:
    If I make an offer and the other person accepts, even though I didn't think he or she would, is the sale official?
    Yes. When an offer is accepted by either the buyer or the seller, it creates an order. The buyer then has 72 hours to pay, just like any other transaction on the site. Keep this in mind when making offers - you should always be ready to pay if it is accepted.
    Reverb also says this:
    "Once your offer is accepted, or you accept a seller's counteroffer, the listing will be considered purchased by you. You'll get an email notification as well as an "Unpaid Order" notification in the upper right hand corner of Reverb. You'll then be able to check out and pay via the orders page in the "Buying" section of your Reverb account.

Abandoning orders after your offer is accepted creates extremely frustrating experiences for sellers, so Reverb frowns upon it strongly. Buyers with multiple abandoned orders are subject to negative feedback or account suspension. Please only make an offer on an item if you intend on following through with your purchase. "

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    rhinocaster likes this.
  16. LqdSndDist

LqdSndDist Member

Wow.... page after page of people arguing over if it’s okay to be a dick.....

Question is do these folks just like to argue semantics online for the fun of arguing, or is this really how they operate in their daily life ?

If you say, imply, suggest etc, your doing soemthing, then do it, if not, you can come off as a dick. Now there is no law against being a dick, but do you really want to be one ?

Does anyone want to associate with a dick?

Ever hear someone say “I’ve got a coworker who is a total dick... I can’t stand the guy but we hang out on weekends simply because I respect his right to be a dick”. ?

I doubt it, people say “that dudes a dick” and spend time instead with people they like, or buy and sell gear from people who aren’t .

If your a known dick, I’m not even going to bother responding to a message. Your free to be one still, and I’m free to not buy or sell from you.

Drawde, voodoosound and John Hurtt like this.
  17. El Rey

El Rey Silver Supporting Member

I just expect and let stuff like that roll off my back.

On certain things, I apply one of my dear old dad's axioms...."when the world around you is failing, lower your expectations,,,,,,,"

grantaustin likes this.
  18. Drak

Drak Supporting Member

You guys do realize that the OP 'dropped' the thread here and left it as abandoned.
    All this conjecture is just tailwind posting, he's not even engaged in the thread, he's gone.

FiestaRed likes this.
  19. flcmcya

flcmcya Silver Supporting Member

Thats what I thought......six pages of ... oh well sale didn't work out..... move on to the next one. :cool:

20. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

I could use feasible instead of practicable but then you'd understand me the first time and I'd have to charge you less.

:p