Emporium guys: no need to be rude...

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by james..., Mar 1, 2019.

1. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

You're absolutely right on, Jay K, I can't disagree with anything you've posted here. I can only say that when the rest of the world won't cooperate, sometimes it's simpler to adapt to them rather than stress over them not meeting your standards. This is not always a good approach but I think it may be the best one to take when selling gear.

Emigre likes this.
  2. beanbass

beanbass Member

A guy agreed on a Friday to buy my 72 Fender Bassman 100 head, at $50 less than posted price. We agreed to meet up on Monday between 6 and 7, he would PM me after work. Monday comes, its 6:15, I haven't heard from him. I FB message him , "since I've not heard from you I am taking it that you no longer interested." I can see that he read the message ; he never responded.
    Fortunately I was able to sell it for full price the next week.

Zappatalist likes this.
  3. coltranemi2012

coltranemi2012 Member

I always wonder why people do this

beanbass likes this.
  4. handyman

handyman Member

Alien abductions, usually.

5. coltranemi2012

coltranemi2012 Member

The most logical explanation is usually the most accurate one. So...agreed!

handyman and beanbass like this.
  6. Tone Loco

Tone Loco Silver Supporting Member

This is easily avoidable. The buyer could just use PM to message the seller, which is what sellers often request in their listings anyhow.
    Once someone announces themselves as being in the market, another member who may not even have seriously considered selling - much less listed their item - is all of a sudden made aware of a potential real live buyer. I can't say I'm hugely surprised that they would contact him, though it's not a friendly way to treat a fellow TGP member. Then again, I'm not sure how much real friendship is involved in an online forum of tens or hundreds of thousands of people. Shared interests, sure.

7. amigo30

amigo30 Member

Personal honor is something a lot of people value, and some people value not at all.

If somebody says "I'll take it", it's reasonable to expect that they will "take it". Anything less is just lying...which does matter in the big picture of things.

But that's just me. I have a difficult time understanding lying no-honor people, which causes me endless frustration. I guess to them it's ok to say "I'll take it" and not live up to their word.

Tone Loco and Scumback Speakers like this.
  8. Hallogallo

Hallogallo Member

Lol!
    I think I've become horribly jaded and cynical when it comes to responses.
    I have to admit your post threw me for a loop as I expected a completely different response!
    Thanks!

Devin likes this.