Emporium Input and Brainstorming

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by Scott Peterson, Feb 12, 2019.

1. adamajah

adamajah Supporting Member

Right on. Good to know our ideas aren't ending up under a couch cushion in the jam room. :p I agree - not much point in rules that can't be enforced.
    Looking forward to the round up stage!

2. Dr Bonkers

Dr Bonkers Vendor

@Scott Peterson , as a vendor, if I wanted to put up a post as "Wanted to Rent", would the proper place to that be in the Emporium?

Since it will be for a variety of cabs that I am looking to rent, do I need to post rental price ranges for each cab?

I know this is a little unusual, so I figured that I would ask first prior to posting anything like that.

MoPho likes this.
  3. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator Staff Member

Can you PM me with the request so I can better understand? Nothing seems that unusual to me but I want to make sure I understand the request.

Dr Bonkers likes this.
  4. MoPho

MoPho Pho Shizzle

I like the idea of rental. Recently, Steve Morse was looking to borrow/rent a specific amp on Facebook for a one-off show while his normal rig was off elsewhere with Deep Purple. Some members tour and would love to not haul around a fine amp or have fly gigs where it's impossible. I'd help a fellow TGP brother out.

I'm also in the camp of keeping it simple with transparency being the driving principle. For those of you wanting to bring back PayPal Gift, pound sand.

5. strings2wood

strings2wood Supporting Member

On occasions people ask about amp or pedal preferred/ optimum settings.
    Given the relationship of guitar, amplifier, cabs and speakers are so interactive, is it possible to consider the possibility of adding a table setting as an option so that people could post preferred settings for amps?

It wouldn't be definitive but it does offer a starting point so that people could post the options on a top row with settings directly underneath based on an analog clock face
    e.g.

pre amp presence bass mids treb master

Even if similar to a word document insert table
    so people could construct settings for amps or pedals....
    Just a thought that some might take advantage of especially for new or vintage gear.
    Forgive me if it's been suggested before or seems indulgent.
    I've often wondered about it but never suggested it and am sure it's not an original idea.

Thank You for your consideration or any feedback if and when time might allow,

Kindest regards,

Simon in Melbourne.

6. Bossanova

Bossanova Silver Supporting Member

Seems that cash is in short supply for folks, and that straight sales aren’t as easy as they used to be. How about a trades only section, with pedals, parts, amps and instruments all in?

That would set the emporium apart from Reverb/eBay and shake things up.

7. Dave M

Dave M Supporting Member

FWIW, you can sort (and filter?) the Emporiums so that FT ads are at the top of the list.

8. Bossanova

Bossanova Silver Supporting Member

True, but a couple of improvements of a general trade section would be that:

A) people can more easily trade guitars, parts, pedals and amps in one place

B) that sellers who aren’t interested in getting incessant trade offers despite clearly stating “no trades” might get a respite

C) that we wouldn’t have to navigate 3-4 different sections of the forum needlessly

Just throwing it out there...

9. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

A) people can more easily trade guitars, parts, pedals and amps in one place
    Meh.

B) that sellers who aren’t interested in getting incessant trade offers despite clearly stating “no trades” might get a respite
    Yeah, right.

C) that we wouldn’t have to navigate 3-4 different sections of the forum needlessly
    And those posting items for trade would end up doing twice the work to post in both places, because almost everything available for trade is also available for sale.

Jon C likes this.
  10. Tone Loco

Tone Loco Silver Supporting Member

The fact that you’re offering something for trade, in one place, wouldn’t preclude selling it if someone offered money for whatever reason.

Seems like a reasonable idea, though I don’t know how many members might be mainly interested in trading something. You’d have to go into each forum and sort by for trade and sale or trade to get a rough idea.