Empress tremolo won't keep its velcro glued to it.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Soulgolem, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Soulgolem

Soulgolem Member

Hi all, I'm having a little problem with my pedalboard, I own an empress tremolo and the velcro glue just won't stick to it, is there a trick to go around this ? If I try to move the pedal, the velcro just sticks out of its bottom and stays on the pedalboard, glue side up, it seems to be the texture of the enclosure that's not adherent.

2. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

I got a replacement Empress Trem last week (mine was under warranty) and noticed the new matte, textured, powercoat finish...not glossy and smooth anymore. The "CE" sticker/label would not stay so I took it off. Haven't even thought about velcro sticking yet.

My only idea/advice would be to try and superglue the velcro to the bottom of the pedal.

I emailed Steve about this issue just so he would have a heads up.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  3. empress_effects

empress_effects Gold Supporting Member

Hey,

I build the Empress tremolo. Your Velcro problem is something I didn't think about when we switched to the matte finish. I have a potential solution: I'll look around for glossy bottom lids and if I can find one I'll send it to you. Your trem will look a little weird but it will work! Please send me an email at steve@empresseffects.com with your address.

If anyone else is having this problem please email me. Hopefully I can find a couple glossy lids!

Steve.

4. Soulgolem

Soulgolem Member

5. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

And to think that I was already convinced that Empress customer service was the best in the biz...

:AOK

Still lovin' my Superdelay by the way!

6. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

not to hijac but I think its AWESOME that you are addrressing this issue...this kind of customer service is what I look for...

is there a link for the empress pedals I could look at? :)

7. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

http://www.empresseffects.com/

8. ancient

ancient Member

Use 3m Dual Lock instead of Velco. It sticks to everything and is super strong so use it sparingly.
    Attach to the bottom of your pedal and also works w the velcro on your pedalboard.