ENGL Fireball

+3kk!

Im not much of a metal guy, mainly a blues rock guy and currently use a vox ac15. Vox'es be vox'es it doesnt have much of the modern sound.

So i went to a shop and they were having a clearance sale of a Fireball 60 Watt, it was going for less than 1k USD, around 850-900 usd or so (im not american), should i go for it?

only problem i see is, i plan to use it at home in my apartment and 60 watters are quite big for my house

hotrats73

Silver Supporting Member
It's absolutely a metal head.
if you're more into cruchy sounds that amp is not a good choice, imo.

JonSick

Owned a few Engls. The Fireball can easily calm down nicely. AC/DC crunch is certainly in there.

Even if you don't like it, just flip it. You'll get the money back.

shanesiegle

Silver Supporting Member
Great cleans and killer metal tone. Had one for a year or two. Does fine at low volumes too.

sg~guy

-one of my favorite amps-

-I think the FB 100 is better, I don't know why, it just is, like mentioned above, great clean channel, wide variety of tones, never had a problem with mine or even know of quality control being an issue.

-the mid shift button is the key to this amp.

-the asking price is good, but not great

hotrats73

Silver Supporting Member
i have the crunchy base covered with my vox

its the metal im looking for

Well then I think it''s a good choice.

My experience with engl (a Powerball 2) has been really good and even if that sound is not my sound I still miss the head sometimes.

My band mate had a retro tube for a while an sounded good too.

Engl amps have good MV and are very usable at home.

+3kk!

-one of my favorite amps-

-I think the FB 100 is better, I don't know why, it just is, like mentioned above, great clean channel, wide variety of tones, never had a problem with mine or even know of quality control being an issue.

-the mid shift button is the key to this amp.

-the asking price is good, but not great

aww crap the 60 doesnt have the mid shift, thats a bummer, it has a depth and a treble boost i think

Trending Topics

Top Bottom