• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

ENGL Powerball pedal

Guitarjon

I got the ENGL Powerball pedal a week or two ago. It's a pretty cool 'amp in a box' type pedal that aims to sound like the lead 2 channel of the ENGL Powerball II amps. The analog circuitry basically is 'the same' as the preamp. Of course there are no tubes in here though...

The last time I tried a Powerball was years ago so I don't have solid memories on that but I do think that this pedal sounds good in it's own right! I tried it into the fx return of my Fireball 25 but that didn't sound good so I just plugged it into the front of the clean channel and that works like a charm. This makes me think that it was designed this way.

It's not a super tight pedal with a fast attack, it's a little bit more 'slow' and 'saggy' sounding but it does remind of a tube amp and it does have that nice filthy ENGL sound.

I've put together a little demo of this pedal, like I said, through the FB25. Hear it for yourselves here:

Trending Topics