Enjoying the Kemper

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by KJR321, Feb 19, 2012.

1. KJR321

KJR321 Member

Really like the the stock Dual Boogie Pushed profile that comes with the unit. Never really like Dual Rectifiers but always liked the pushed channel. Playing a PRS DGT through this profile is terrific. Could use this for everything. Incredible dynamics.

Also like that 1964 Bassman profile downloaded from exchange.

Still like my axe-fx II as well. But...that Dual Boogie Pushed profile on the Kemper is my favorite yet.

2. Lolasaurus

Lolasaurus Member

I still don't get it; how/where do you download other people's profiles?

3. Professor Tweed

Professor Tweed Member

From the forum or from the Kemper website. You log in, go to support and then click rig exchange and then scroll through the 130 profiles already up there and download what you want.

4. rdwilson

rdwilson Member

i am a member of kpa, logged in , cant see support, & some clips that are posted wont play , any ideas ? BTW - i dont have my kpa yet, does that matter ? thanks in advance, roger

5. DigitalTube

DigitalTube Member

Between the KPA forum, and the KPA website there are tons of profiles available, I have a total of about 700 on my KPA, was curious to hear what people are profiling, and how it sounds, must admit there are a few nice ones, but also lot's of profiles that will end up being deleted, but it's nice to see everyone sharing them, at this point KPA really needs a librarian, it's getting out of control.. :)

6. rdwilson

rdwilson Member

i got to support, but cant play downloads i get this----
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play.

7. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

I'm not a Kemper user, so I may be wrong, but it sounds like you are trying to open the files in your browser. Try RIGHT clicking on the file name, then selecting 'Save As...' and save the file onto your hard drive somewhere.

From there, you should be able to upload the file to your KPA - as to the specifics of doing that, hopefully a KPA user can give you instructions...

8. DigitalTube

DigitalTube Member

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, all the profiles there available for download are to be installed on the KPA first in order for you to hear/play them, you understand that right? If you don't have a KPA there is nothing to hear there, i assume you know this, just trying to clarify it in case you didn't understand what those downloaded profiles are, they'r not audio clips of any format.

9. rdwilson

rdwilson Member

will try that, thanks..

10. rdwilson

rdwilson Member

no i didn't understand that, so when my kpa comes in , i have to install to hear them to see if i like them ? thank you, roger

11. Audioholic

Audioholic Member

Love mine. There are increasingly some high quality ones being posted I have been deleting some that I know I will never use. But truth is I will probably only stick to a few like I always do. Love the variety in sounds though.

12. DigitalTube

DigitalTube Member

Yes, you need to get a USB stick, something like a 4 gig, then first format the USB stick on the KPA, then plug it on your MAC/PC download the profiles from the Kemper site an drag them to your USB stick's "SHARED FOLDER", then plug it back into the KPA and load the profiles, it's all in the manual and it's very easy to follow. But before you try that, I'd suggest you make sure to have the latest Operating System on your KPA(1.0.4. BETA) which is also available for download on the Kemper site, it's also easy to do, and the manual explains it very well, chances are you're going to receive it with an older system, as KPA keeps updating it frequently. And also for some reason KPA shipped mine with an European power cable, and a 2 prong USA cable, not sure why 2 prong for USA, I just use a standard computer 3 prong cable and ignore the 2 prong they sent me, I've asked at the KPA forum, but no one officially from KPA has replied the reason for a 2 prong power cable.

13. Professor Tweed

Professor Tweed Member

@RDWilson. To get to support you have to register your KPA which involves sending them your serial number. This will also enable you to access the private forum. I don't know about why some posted clips don't play.

14. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

No need to be even logged in in order to play a clip, everybody can read the forum.
    I do not understand the comment on Support, you don't have any clips over there, just profiles, and you cannot "play" profiles....

15. rcl

rcl Member

Kemper profiles are in the .kipr format. For whatever reason, windows 7 on my laptop tried to open them and play them as music files...of course that won't work. But you can save them and change them from .mid to .kipr or whatever, and it's all good.

There is a forum you can download from, and also from the main site, logging into that and selecting support, and a third option for a few more...

Forum exchange:
    http://kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?page=Board&boardID=15&f0c239f1

Rig exchange(must be logged in)
    http://kemper-amps.com/page/render/lang/en/p/175/do/Rig_Exchange_Download.html

TM ones...
    http://www.kemperampprofiles.com/kemper-amp-profiler-downloads.htm

16. rdwilson

rdwilson Member

read the next post -quote ,as i dont know how to do multiple quotes, & thank you , roger

17. rdwilson

rdwilson Member

guitarnet70 ,this where i got the support comment, & thanks professor tweed

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  18. rdwilson

rdwilson Member

thank you.

19. rdwilson

rdwilson Member

thank you.

20. rdwilson

rdwilson Member