• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Entertaining Thread of the Year

guy8string

It's almost year's end, and we've had a good year, TGP. What threads have you found especially entertaining? Is there any one thread that deserves the distinction of Thread of the Year?

I offer the following for your consideration:

Wooden Duck Maker thinks you're a sucker
The Perfect TGP Pedal: The Retardulon
Where's my box?

jm9239

Silver Supporting Member
Some contenders that come to mind:

Joe Morgan finds transistors in a bag labeled NKT275 and hijinx ensue when he builds "NKT275 Fuzz" pedals

Spaceman takes forever and a day to deliver Atlas' and Titans

Some guy starts a thread about a spaceman secret sale, misses out on the pedal(s) because they're sold out, and then starts another thread for the latest secret mission. Both threads are lol.

Vertex/reverb interview

ellsworthman

Gold Supporting Member
I'm biased because I usually hang out there, but I would say the Lovepedal thread; it's by turns informative, drama, funny, and just plain odd...there have been 39,000 posts in it this year.

If I set that aside, the thread on the interview with Vertex that 60 Cycle Hum did stands out to me, as did the Vertex/Reverb interview. Actually, most any Vertex thread qualifies, as well as anything involving This1sMyne, Morgan, or JHS. And not in good ways. They were sort of like watching train wrecks, over and over....

Last edited:

thesooze

Gotta second the Lovepedal SNS thread.

Runner up to the source audio nemesis thread. Just awesome to see that whole thing unfold

Mr2D

I second Analog Shimmer, Wooden Duck Compressors & Tap Tempo.

So very funny.

From an actual informative point of view - the Source Audio Dirt thread is great.

(I also enjoyed posting multiple Simpsons quotes & vids in the JHS rehouse thread, but get why others might have found that frustrating)

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
I might have said Strictly Fuzz, but it seems timeless, like it's been going forever, not of this year.

ellsworthman

Gold Supporting Member
still the most musically participatory thread on TGP, by a very long mile; carings, sharings & so very few ensnarings.
I guess what music is sometimes depends on the listener...Some of the demos leave me wondering what I'm listening to. On the other hand, more than a few demos in SF have led me to fuzz GAS....In recent months, the Fuzz Factory, the Fuzz Mutant, the Fuzz God II, a couple JDM pedals, the Unpleasant Surprise, the Carcosa, the Fulltone 69, and more. If it's not the most interesting thread, it's been the most exploratory for me...And perhaps the most expensive :eek:

adolan

That analog polyphonic octave thread ..where is that guy? is he building it? i sure hope he gets somewhere with it :p and comes back to wow and woo..

Trending Topics

Top Bottom