• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

EP-2 help (pigtronix env. filter)

soulrebel83

Hey just played a show with the thing last night but man that thing did not cut through at all. Is this a common thing for envelope filters or something specific to the EP 2 (ie, is it worth it for me to swap it for another kind?)

ruach1

I've had the predecessor, the EP-1, which had the same issues. Sounded great on its own, at home, but not very useful at a gig.

nrvana8775

They're stuff always sounds super low-mid heavy to me.

I don't really dig the base tone of my philosopher king, but it is the only vca in pedal format.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Envelopes have a tendency to get lost, because you're intentionally skimming off some of the signal, either for dynamics or EQ. With a LPF/Envelop you can help by increasing the resonance, or by feeding it a signal with a lot of highs in it (fuzz). With envelopes driving purely dynamics (Slow Gear), phasers and so on, the effect is harder to deal with...

soulrebel83

Yeah that's really quite a shame because I think the pedal sounds amazing. It'd be a shame to take it off my board!

pacomc79

how clean do you need it? You could add a really cutting pedal like an octave fuzz with it that might make it more pronounced, though obviously it would sound different.

mc2

It's a great Pedal for sure. Have you a clean boost hat you can run in front of it?

mc2

I have mine goosed by a Timmy and have been doing ok with that. I have no fuzz to try. The vibe portion of the pedal does fine but I think the nature of filters, sweeping off a portion of your frequency, inherently cost you something. So you do need to compensate with a boost.

At home, I too, am fine with just the pedal for both EF/vibe.

soulrebel83

I run a super chili picoso at the front of my chain. But yeah it makes sense that it would be hard to cut through in the mix due to the nature of the effect. I'll keep experimenting!

mc2

I asked a question about triggering/opening the filters a few weeks ago, and someone also recommended a compressor in front of a filter. I currently don't own a compressor either, but if you so, give that a shot. I'd have no clue as to how to use or set it though...

Trending Topics