Epi 339 vs epi LP traditional pro

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Louis124, Apr 15, 2016.

Es 339 or LP

1. Es 339

2. Les Paul

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Louis124

Louis124 Member

hey,
    I'm in the market for a new guitar around the £350 (475$) mark, I'm trying to decide between an epiphone lp traditional pro and an epiphone Es 339 pro, I just wanted your input as to which is best for me. I play a variety of blues, blues rock, classic rock and hard rock, with a bit of everything else thrown in there too. I'm a first timer on TGP so please don't be too harsh on me

2. cap10kirk

cap10kirk Member

That's a tough one...personally I'd get the 339 if it's the P90 version. For humbuckers, I'd go with the LP. Reason being, I love the P90 339's stock. I'd want to change pups eventually if it was a humbucker equipped guitar, and the LP is so much easier to swap electronics than the majority of hollow and semi-hollow bodied guitars.
    Just my 2 cents worth, they're both good guitars for the money, can't really go wrong with either.
    The best advise I can really give is to try both out and see which feels better for you. I tried a lot of guitars out before I ended up with my Epi Les Paul, before I ever plugged it in I knew it was the guitar for me.

3. Louis124

Louis124 Member

Hey man, thanks for your input on this, if I did get the 339 it would be the humbucker version. While I may be wanting to change the humbuckers in the LP I would in fact keep the 339 stock as I love the way those particular pickups sound.
    Thanks again,
    L

4. Serenity

Serenity Member

Both are good, it comes down to your personal taste. Me, i'd go for the LP.