Epi Fan Club!

cam.man67

i admit, I'm rather late to the Epiphone game myself, having just purchased a Dot Studio roughly a month ago. That being said, it's an amazing guitar and its led me to a budding interest in Epiphones past and present! Additionally, it's the only guitar I've EVER kept stock...its just that good!

So I want to hear from all the other Epi owners out here...whaddya got? What Epi models do you love? Which ones are better than their more expensive counterparts? Let's see your Epi pics!

Here's mine:
27064440981_9824e2cee8_b.jpg

Dynation

I like Epiphones. Solid guitars for cheap. The Elitist guitars are really nice though. I have an Elitist 61 SG and the thing rips. Got it for dirt cheap cause the previous owner took it to hell and back (he also thought it was a g-400)

20150419_160602_zpsllpnwkaz.jpg

Ive also had an LP standard and an EJ-200 I really liked.

aussie_owner

Gold Supporting Member
I have six Epiphones:

Masterbilt EF-500RCCE
Rumblekat Bass
'97 Epi Junior (DC)
ES-339 Pro
ES-339 P90 Pro
Les Paul Classic T

Nice guitars for decent prices, especially used. My Masterbilt is my #1 acoustic, and the ES-339 P90 Pro is my current favorite electric.

PGrant

I've had a Les Paul, Firebird VII, and a Dot. I really don't think they're as bad as they're made out to be. I wouldn't complain if that's all I had.

Actually the Les Paul had the thickest neck I've ever felt, it was wonderful.

Custom50

I'm an epi fan for sure. They are solid workhorses and offer great value without killing your wallet.

Ive never owned a Gibson or Epi but Ive played 2 epiphones (sheraton II, and Les paul) that I thought were better than any Gibson Ive ever played (which is limited, but Ive still played 1 -1.5k les pauls and ES335). All guitars through various fender tub amps so there werent too many variables. Id never personally buy a Gibson, but would buy an Epi in a heart beat if the right one came along.

sliberty

If that 55 has the right neck profile, it will be amazing!

I've bought three Epi's in the last few yers, as I sold off my bigger dollar Custom Shop Gibsons. I wanted to get my money out, but decided to spend small amounts of money on a few nice guitars. First was an Epi ES335 Pro, then an Epi Les Paul Std Plustop Pro, and most recently an Epi 56 Les Paul Pro. All are wonderful, and all three combined cost me less than half of what I sold one CS guitar for, so I still had the bulk of the money for a rainy day. The recent model Epis, especially the Pro series guitars, are so good that I don't even like saying "for the money".

Trending Topics

Top Bottom