Epi Firebird questions...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by eyeball987, Mar 24, 2008.

1. eyeball987

eyeball987 Member

I just acquired one through a trade and have a couple questions:

- Where is a good place to move the strap button to help balance out the "neck heavy" feeling?

- How long did it take to get used to playing this body shape?

I have always played LP's, strats, and tele body styles. The Firebird feels much different. Almost like my fretting hand has to stretch farther away from my body to hit the cowboy chord area.

I really like the tone and hope to bond with it and I think that the strap button move might fix most of the initial issues that I am having.

2. Grap

Grap Member

Get yourself a rough-backed strap and avoid shiny shirts ;)

3. eyeball987

eyeball987 Member

That is what I originally did with an LP that had the same problem and it worked pretty well. This one though is going to be a much tougher beast to tame. I have heard that moving the strap button to the other side of the neck helps but before I start drilling holes I was hoping that someone has already done this.

4. YOGA64

YOGA64 Member

Hi, I have one and I moved the strap button on the back, where it would be on an SG. No more neck heavy problems for me, and I'm really loving my EPIPHONE FIREBIRD VII now, hope you will too :AOK

5. Electric I

Electric I Member

Had this problem with an SG style guitar & what I did was hold the strap at the end of the guitar (non-neck button) to where it balanced - this will be as if you 'slid' the button toward you. Then you can drill in this spot.

In my case I ended up moving both buttons ,but I realize there's not a lot of room to move the neck button. So give this a whirl & feel free to post on how it goes.

6. eyeball987

eyeball987 Member

So you put the button on the back of the guitar? Do you have any pics for reference?

7. eyeball987

eyeball987 Member

I just picked this thing up yesterday in a trade deal so I need to get this figured out tonight. The guitar sounds great. I just can't stand the way it sits on my body.