• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Epi LP Question.....

kccheers

Does anyone here know if youy can remove the gold trim ring around the pups on this EPI LP?

Cheers from KC

bgmacaw

You probably could if your were careful removing the casing but why would you want to do that? Just swap out the pickups.

sliberty

I have never had those to look at, but my assumption is that the they are not trim rings. They are actually (I am guessing) pickup covers with a hole on top to expose the coils. If I am right, you would remove them the same way you would remove any other pickup covers - unsolder the 2 beads of solder holding them in place to the base plate, and then lift it up over the coils.

kccheers

Thanx to all. This LP is on sale at MF, but the only thing I don't love are those gold rings. I might like them if I see them in person, and it may look out of place without them, I'll have to see if I get one. They do have a liberal return policy if I don't end up liking it all together. Thanx for the replies.

Cheers from KC

sliberty

If it is a Blacktop Pro, it has Probuckers, which are good sounding pickups that probably would not need to be changed, at least in my opinion.

Trending Topics