Epi Valve Jr Combo - Volume/Output Loss; Advice?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by WolfmansBrother, Dec 25, 2009.

1. WolfmansBrother

WolfmansBrother Member

Happy Holidays!

I have a brand new Epi Valve Jr Combo that works fine for a few minutes, then the volume fades down to nothing. The power switch remains lit, but no output.

I removed the back panel and made sure the tubes were well seated, but other than that I'm at a loss for troubleshooting.

It was an xmas gift, but I have the receipt. If your advice can't help me solve the problem, it's going back.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  2. WolfmansBrother

WolfmansBrother Member

3. hamstrat

hamstrat Member

I would bring it back. Trade it in on a head, buy a cab and get the head modded/fixed. It seems to be a real popular mod and becomes quite a nice usable amp.

Yes, I've heard the before and after. Sounds much better than the stock combo.

Welcome to TGP. You are just getting started.

Quest on!

4. WolfmansBrother

WolfmansBrother Member

I ended up returning the combo, which turned out to be a really good move...

The seller didn't have any others in stock, so he said he could order another, give me store credit, or refund my money. I was thinking about having him order me a new one or just taking my refund when he pointed towards an Epi VJ head and matching cabinet and told me I could take that if I wanted. It was brand new, so I assumed he meant in trade with the $$$ difference, but he meant straight up. He said he got a good deal on the cabinet so he could give the stack to me for the price of the combo.

I quickly said yes and walked out with a brand new VJ half-stack for $150...

Hell Yeah!