• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Epiphone 1956 Les Paul Pro - opinions?

pete12string

Silver Supporting Member
I've been looking at some P90 guitars and came across the Epiphone 1956 Les Paul Pro. I've heard some good things about it but wanted to see if anyone here had anything to say. I'm also intrigued by the Epiphone Blueshawk Deluxe. Not sure which I like better...

What's the word on either of these?

Thanks,
Pete

SPROING!

Haven't seen it yet but if it's as good as the Pro LP, 335 and 339 models, it should be pretty nice. I'm hoping to avoid seeing one, as I just ordered a 339 P90 Pro today. Lol.

cap10kirk

I had a chance to try one out, a gold top. Played great, and I actually liked the Epi P90's. Almost made me wish I had one instead of my humbucker Epi gold top.

The blueshawk isn't a bad guitar, but it has some things I don't like. 25.5" scale, master volume and tone, and the blade switch. Has all the Fender type things I dislike about Fenders.

sliberty

I played one at GC a month or so ago. GC doesn't always maintain the guitars on the wall - this one needed new strings and maybe a setup. But ignoring that, the neck was superb, big and rounded. The P90's sounded great too.mi own two other Epi Pro models (ES335 Pro, and LP PlusTop Pro). Generally speaking, the Pro models really are excellent. But for me it's all about the neck. So you really have to play it before buying it. Not all of their guitars have the same neck profiles, so you wouldn't know what you were getting.

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
.....as I just ordered a 339 P90 Pro today. Lol.
Ditto that.

The '56 Pro I played at the GC outside of Charlotte was pretty nice. In reading the specs for it, it says that it has a 'maple veneer' top; what was the point in that for an opaque/gold top? Or is it actually a maple cap?

I've found myself looking at the Edwards and Tokai versions, which supposedly rival Gibson's, but they are $400-500 more than the Epi.

SPROING!

Trending Topics