Epiphone 339 PCB pots questions...

Rick1114

I have part of the wiring harness out of my Epiphone 339 Pro as I scored a pair of used Burstbuckers to throw in there. My original plan was to completely take out the PCB push-pull pots (The pickup in there now have some coil splitting option), so I ordered some CTS pots and was gonna just do a partial surgery and wire in the CTS pots and the new pups. Well it doesn't appear that the CTS pots will fit through the F-hole (at least from the 1/2 hour or so I toyed with it), so if that's the case I guess for now I'd happy with just wiring them in to the existing PCB pot so I can try the new pups tonight. I already have the old pickups disconnected from the PCB's and out of the guitar. So my question is twofold...

A) Has anyone successfully gotten CTS short shaft pots into an Epiphone 339Pro F-hole?

B) If I just want to do a down and dirty connection for now with the original pots, how would one wire a singe wire Gibson pup into the existing PCB pot?

Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,
Rick

Last edited:

devonteran

I'm interested in this too. I have a related, but different question about the 339 ultra. My situation is different because I want to keep the acoustic pickup intact.

shooto

I have done a complete re-wire on my 339...the CTS pots will fit in there...as for wiring to the existing pot, I'd have to look at the harness but the braid should still we soldered to ground and the hot wire to the middle lug of the pot

Rick1114

I have done a complete re-wire on my 339...the CTS pots will fit in there...as for wiring to the existing pot, I'd have to look at the harness but the braid should still we soldered to ground and the hot wire to the middle lug of the pot
Crap that's what I did wrong, I wired it to the left wiper as per the original 339 diagram. BTW, I think it depends on the individual model of the guitar. I know the full sized pots won't fit in mine with filing the f-hole. I just ordered some mini pots instead....

bluesky636

Factory ES339 Pro wiring harness:

My home-built wiring harness using RS Super Pots and CTS pots:

Took some wigglin' and jigglin' but eventually fit through the F-holes just fine. :aok

Trending Topics